IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came home from the NY International Auto show and I was wowed by the new STi....

I couldn't get my mind off of it... on June 2nd I picked up my "second choice" STi because the one at Suburban received a deposit before I was ready to buy it.

9/25/2017 Edit
Well it is time to re-establish what is going on with this car.
Yes I still have it. It is now on engine # 3.
The basic info on the engines:
#1 Stock blown when the fuel pump I installed cavitated and caused the engine to lean out.
#2 Stock Blown when I raced a harley after I noticed it was starting to burn more oil than normal.
#3 what I'm on now. (built engine)

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: CTSparkys 2011 Plasma Blue Pearl

Engine
EJ257 703 Casting oil galleys ported And Blueprinted/ Balanced assembly
JE FSR non billet Pistons and ring set
Manley H Tuff Rods
ACL Race Bearings with WPC Treatment
New 2012+ Heat Treated Crank
New 11mm Oil pump
New Oil Cooler
Refreshed w25 Heads with multi angle valve job
New OEM Valve Springs and retainers
Stock Valves
ARP 2000 Head Bolts
Killer B Oil pan / pickup/ Baffle
Dominator 3 XTR 10cm Stock Location turbo with IAG Wastegate bracket (Closed)
Turbosmart 5 port BOV (ATM)
Turbosmart Hypergate 45 EWG
Process West Top Mount intercooler tapped with IAT sensor
Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS
Air Pump Delete
KStech 73mm Air intake into a COBB cold air box
Perrin Inlet Hose to Agency Power Hard inlet

Fuel System
IAG Fuel Rails in a parallel setup
-6 ports/ line
Fore Innovations FPR 200
Radium GR Fuel basket with a Walbro 450 HP fuel pump Hardlined E85 compliant
Cobb Flexfuel Ethanol reader with full setup

Exhaust
Killer B Holy Header EWG
Perrin Catted Divorced (the plate cut into) 3" Downpipe
Greddy Ti-C Catback Exhaust

Suspension
Whiteline 24 mm Swaybars front Set to hard
Whiteline 22 mm Swaybars rear with bracing set to hard
Kartboy Endlinks Front/ Rear

Drivetrain
Whiteline rear diff insert bushings
Whiteline Trans mount bushings
OEM Group N Trans Mount
Torque Solutions Pitchstop (dogbone)
Torque Solutions Engine mounts
Kartboy Short Shifter Bushings (Holy Shift Kit)

Braking
Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace
Goodridge Stainless Steel Lines
DBA 4000 Front Rotors Slotted
Hawk Ceramic Pads Front/ Rear (Street car)

Exterior
Mudflaps
LED White/ range Turn Signals with relay
Rear LED Brake lights in rear reflectors

Interior
GTSpec Steering Wheel
SMY Cluster maker dual gauge pod (AFR and Boost)
Driver Side 52mm vent gauge pod (Innovate Oil pressure/ Oil Temp)
STi weighted shift knob
Defi 30 psi boost gauge
AEM Wideband o2 sensor (Version 1)
Innovate dual oil pressure/ oil temp gauge (Oil pressure tee'd into front galley plug oil temp into oil pan)
Cobb Accessport V3

Fluids
Redline 5w-30 ester based motor oil
Motul RBF 660 Brake fluid
Amsoil 75-90 Gear oil
Subaru blue coolant

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Whiteline saves the day:

Anyways I heard a clunking sound a few weeks ago and decided I'd ask for the help of my friend jay (that day) to help check out the sound and reset the sway bars to the hard settings.

We set the rears from medium to hard.. not a problem when you have ramps and jack stands.

Then we went to the front and I saw this:

sti 008 by CTSparky, on Flickr

Then I looked at where it bolted in and saw this:

sti 009 by CTSparky, on Flickr

The stud broke from over tightening. So we had to drill out the stud and replace with another Grade 8 M10 bolt, washer and nut. Then we saw that the front sway was on hard.

Then we re-greased all of the bushings since they needed it, and then adjusted the exhaust tips a bit on the exhaust.

(from last week)

sti 003 by CTSparky, on Flickr

To all in the know I have been having some ongoing communications stemming from looking at the front endlink (Kartboy) with the new sway bars (Whiteline).

I initally called Clint at TurninConcepts since they sold me the parts, and asked him why the endlinks were so tilted.

endlink deformation by CTSparky, on Flickr

After a few back and forths with him asking me to measure the sway bar:

sway bar length by CTSparky, on Flickr
It came back that the sway bar is smaller than what should be on the car.

wide angle deform by CTSparky, on Flickr

Now i want to tell you that I don't fault the seller of the sway bars, but I think that maybe he might have confused the part number of the front bar.

So this led me to contact Whiteline about any production error on the length of the front sway bar.

Daniel Tong of Whiteline (and whatever USA reseller here) got in contact with me and we have been having a communication both on the phone and via email daily.

The previous owner is doing his best to recall the original receipt, but I think that ship has sailed.

Regardless, Daniel Authorized and has shipped to me a new properly sized and length bar (I hope, as it is in the mail) for my vehicle. He did this even though I purchased the product secondhand.

Very rarely have I experienced this level of commitment and good customer service. I would based upon my experience encourage my friends to buy Whiteline products since they have earned my business.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wicked Big Meet 2018 and Killer B AOS

So after a few years off I went back to Wicked Big Meet this year. Mostly I do it to see friends, and I also use it to see the cool stuff that Subaru brings and occasionally buy some parts.

Overall if you haven't been to one of the Major Subaru meets I think it should be on your short , but not essential lists of things to do. As you could probably expect there was a lot of variation at these shows, and I think the shows cater to those just starting out with their cars, although there is something for everyone there. Of note there was a vape booth. But I digress.

I went there to sell some parts and to see my friends. While there I talked to Killer B and picked up their AOS. I'll put a post in when I'm finished installing it, but I'm hopeful that it will do a better job than my V2 Crawford AOS.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So to add to the drama, I started noticing that the transmission was having trouble and sometimes grinding into 4th gear.

So I've called my shop and they have suggested that it is the shift fork guides.
It might also be a bent fork.
So I'm going to stop driving the car until i get the funds to pay for the over $1k repair bill.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts