IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here in CT? I have seen a few stis around, but i was just wondering if there are any of yall really kickin it around here. I dont actually have an sti myslef, but i will get one within a couple of yers, and cruise the berlin turnpike every fri-sat with some freinds and their 5.0 stangs and shos and everything ford (although they are still very open minded, i will have the only import lol) I would just like to know if anyone is ever around the area, as i would like to race a sti in the sho, just so i can get a comparison, becasue thats basically the fastest car ive ever been in.

Also, if you are at all into the ct scene, could you give me some more places where i can go and check out some cars and not be reamed by the cops on the pike? lol

·
Registered
411 Posts
You might of seen me cruise the pike in my debadged STi, for the last couple of months. However, I not going back there for awhile, the cops are busting everyone, including myself.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i think i mightve. Ive seen one that also has a ton of stickers all over it, but i dont think its the real sti (wierd hood scoop, doesnt feel right. Maybe jap spec or something). The cops rape people on the pike...ugh. Where does everyone else go now...i know if seen ricers tearing up hebron ave...but its mad twisty and...wait...an sti....lmao

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah lol, i just figured out though today that getting an sti is probably a DREAM...im a little depressed but i should have seen it coming since i make like a 100 dollars a week lol. Anywho...i dont have a whole lotta knowledge about the ct scene but we'll definately start getting into it by next summer cause my freind is putting the finishing touches on his 302 that will go into a restored '68 fastback stang...cant wait....As for me, ill keep ripping around in my 94 blazer probably...for eternity.

·
Registered
308 Posts
There is a small but getting large scene here in Stamford and Norwalk. More ricers dragging but if that's your scene it's starting here.

·
Registered
411 Posts
AWD Dyno Day!

Usdmsti said:
There is a small but getting large scene here in Stamford and Norwalk. More ricers dragging but if that's your scene it's starting here.
Please provide more info on the Stamford and Norwalk scene. When and where? I work in Stamford so I'm there 5 to 6 days a week.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm in CT. Work in New Canaan and live about 40mins. north. I'm in Ffld County all the time, and have never seen another STi. I've heard there's a guy around Milford driving a Java Black (dammnit - thought I was the only JBP around) but that's it. Thorn - where are you? I think it'd be cool to have a line of like 3-4 STi's cruising Rt.8 North (where it's 65MPH and curvy) or the Merritt.....imagine the looks we'd get! :eek:

·
Registered
411 Posts
head unit install ?

StuBrown said:
Thorn - where are you?
I'm all over the place, but I was just crusing around that area recently, Saturday I was in Norwalk and Stamford on Monday. Sti's are hard to find in CT, except for the dealership. I had the car since the end of June and only came across four STi's besides my own :) . One at a car show in Wallingford, two at another car show in Wethersfield, and the other on the Berlin Turnpike, that guy drove down from MA. If you want get a cruise going, I'm in.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Since July I've logged 6600 miles and haven't seen another STi except on a dealer lot. I've driven to Southern VT, the White Mtns. of NH, and all over the state and haven't seen another member of ANY forum! I'd definitely be up for an STi cruise....we should all meet up somewhere sorta central to everybody (and safe) and scoot around some. It'd be fun.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah, let's give it another coupla weeks and see what kind of interest we can get. I'm on a few other forums and could probably get some sweet WRX's and 2.5's to come along too. I'm just really anxious to see what people have done - might give me some more ideas!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey, im that disenchanted kid, but id be happy to tag along! let me know whats going down, and maybe ill show up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
id be down for something on the pike, as its a good place where we can get in and out of cars etc, well...it just seems like a good place. Dont worry tho, i aint a riceboy. I drive a chevy pos, my friend an sho, the other a 5.0, an other a firebird, another a mustang....if only i had the money i would be the import boy...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had my Black STi for a week now, and I have never seen a STi on the road yet. I live in Naugatuck, and I frequently travel RT. 8 between Stratford and Waterbury. Anyone up for a get together?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Alright - let's get this thing going already! I'm at XX Tuning for the bulk of the 29th, so that won't work (for me, anyways). Is anyone up for a meet of some sort this Sunday, the 30th?? I'll check back!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Few pics with eibachs in and a few extra things

The 30th sounds good to me, hope the weather turns out good. What's going on at XX. That place is great, it's starting to turn into my second home. I was there Saturday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
^
I'm going to XXtuning this Friday for the Blitz SUS and Perrin crank pulley. I'll let you know how that turns out.
My race against the 03 cobra I was talking about is slated for Saturday night, so hopefully everything goes according to plan and we get to have some fun runs.

I had a blast with you on the way back.. I hardly get to have that kind of fun so I had to go a little out of my way for another STi. I even flashed you the ricer hazards . :p
Hope to see you around.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts