IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever install this radiator with the oil cooler. Ordered it and opened the box to find out it doesnt come with the hoses :tdown:

Going to order some vibrate stainless steel/braided hoses

Is there anything else ill need? Anyone has any pics of it installed? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
715 Posts
Anyone ever install this radiator with the oil cooler. Ordered it and opened the box to find out it doesnt come with the hoses :tdown:

Is there anything else ill need? Anyone has any pics of it installed? Thanks in advance
These guys used the O-series I believe on their GR STI hatch. The ABANDONED STI is COOL Again - YouTube

Weird that it doesn't come with hoses, especially at that price. I've heard good things about them otherwise though.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I'm surprised that it doesnt come with the hoses. I was lucky that i went with the Mishimoto instead. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I have this kit. I had my local tuner do the install (Yimisport). It did not come with hoses.

I have since swapped out the stock sandwich (CSF changed from a thermostatic to non-thermostat) for a Improved Racing 220F thermostat. Oil wouldn't get to operating temp in wintertime without hard driving otherwise.

Very happy with the radiator and oil cooling performance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have this kit. I had my local tuner do the install (Yimisport). It did not come with hoses.

I have since swapped out the stock sandwich (CSF changed from a thermostatic to non-thermostat) for a Improved Racing 220F thermostat. Oil wouldn't get to operating temp in wintertime without hard driving otherwise.

Very happy with the radiator and oil cooling performance.
Any pics?

When you say it wouldn't get to operating temperature in the winter what temperature are you talking about? Also you live in California? I'd imagine it doesn't get too cold there in the winter?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was told by my tuner that it's good for a daily driver but not that great for track days and to go with an external oil cooler like the Perrin kit. I'm running the oil cooler and csf single row radiator and it helps alot

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Any pics?

When you say it wouldn't get to operating temperature in the winter what temperature are you talking about? Also you live in California? I'd imagine it doesn't get too cold there in the winter?
Oil at around 160F on the freeway in sub 60F ambient. Very effective cooler.

In the heat of summer (~100F) I haven't seen over 230F flogging the snot out of it on backroads.

Rufus' 2015 Launch Edition Journal
Rufus' 2015 Launch Edition Journal

Adding the thermostat helps the oil get up to temp quicker, but it can still run pretty cool just from the slight bypass it has.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts