IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing. only reference is to the Check Engine Light flashing, but nothing about the Cruise Control light flashing. I read through every section of the owners manual. Sat at the kitchen table for 2 hours, gave up, and posted this thread. :-?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the cruise control light flash at me after hitting boost cut. All I did was disconnect the battery for 2 minutes to reset the computer to get rid of it. But then I knew what caused it to start flashing in the first place. If you don't know what you did, I suggest taking it to the dealer. The car's trying to tell you something ain't right. Better find out before you reset the ECU.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
if you have modded the boost controller and set the boost too high, you will hit fuel cut which is caused by a lean condition. If this happeds you typically get a check engine light as well and would definitely have noticed the car almost complete shut off for a microsecond at high RPM. Not something you could miss.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xman, thanks for the explination.

As for the verdict on my problem, it was caused by the dealer not tightening the fuel cap when they filled the car up prior to me taking delivery. I got 5 miles from the dealer and the cruise control light started blinking as well as the Check Engine Light coming on. The CEL was on as a constant (versus blinking), which denotes an emmisions control problem (the gas cap loose). When an emmisions control related CEL is triggered, they disable the Cruise Control. Hence the blinking light.

A quick code clear and i'm on my way!

You can imagine my panic last night! I FINALLY get to pick the car up, and i don't get 5 miles from the dealer...

·
Registered
24 Posts
DECISION MADE

toyworx said:
Xman, thanks for the explination.

As for the verdict on my problem, it was caused by the dealer not tightening the fuel cap when they filled the car up prior to me taking delivery. I got 5 miles from the dealer and the cruise control light started blinking as well as the Check Engine Light coming on. The CEL was on as a constant (versus blinking), which denotes an emmisions control problem (the gas cap loose). When an emmisions control related CEL is triggered, they disable the Cruise Control. Hence the blinking light.

A quick code clear and i'm on my way!

You can imagine my panic last night! I FINALLY get to pick the car up, and i don't get 5 miles from the dealer...
How did you clear the code?

My cruise light starting blinking last Sunday and the CEL is on. Thought it might have been the aftermarket TBE.. but then again, I've been driving for at least the past 2 months (hard) since getting the TBE and no issues. ..maybe its my gas cap?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts