IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with their cruise control not working? Mine worked for the first 500 miles or so now I cant get it to activate. The Cruise Light comes on the dash but I can't get it to set.

One day I was trying to activate the Cruise and it wouldnt set, I used my toe to put some pressure behind the brake pedal and viola, it set. I was able to use it. The next time I tried to use it it didnt work with the pull up on the pedal trick. I adjusted the bolts that hold the brake pedal switch untill My brake lights almost didnt work at all. I tested it on my road and it didnt work, I put the switch back where it was.

I dont want to take this to the dealer because they will be driving the car and Im not into that at all! Any ideas?

Car: un-modified 2004 USDM WRX STi

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
see a dealer and tell us what they say/do.. Mention your concerns about them driving, and possibly stay there to see what they do, if u r that anal about your car..
Or find a mechanic u trust, slip him $20 and tell him to take care of your baby..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I admit it seems that I'm anal about the car, but my backwoods dealer has only sold 2 of these cars and the mechanics are complete rednecks, They would jump in with their greasy pants and tear up the road. I'll try to see them on Monday and see if I can be present when they take a look at the car.

edit: spelling

1 - 3 of 3 Posts