IW STi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roadkill

Due to incorrect lug nuts (aftermarket) being mixed with the correct ones, one of my studs on the front rotors is now crossthreaded. :( Does anyone know how the studs are mounted (i.e. to the rotor or else) and are they replaceable, or do I have to replace an entire component.

M8

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
any interest in a Eastern PA Fun Run and GTG - Nov. 15

see the excerpt from the service manual below. the part you want is #21. when i've done this, i use a small sledge knock the stud back out of the hub. other disassembly may be required to get the stud out the back of the hub; e.g. it looks like you'll have to remove bolts T1 so the hub can be remove from the "tone wheel" (part #20). installation is easy: just put the stud in, put a stack of washers on the stud on the wheel-side of the hub, put on the lugnut and tighten. this will pull the stud into the hub. it's a pretty easy procedure.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent. Thank you. In fact I am going though the process of downloading the service manual now. (grin)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I am using the service manual at the following address...
http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/index.jsp
It cost $20 for 72 hours. All the documents are pdf.

737 documents and approx 240megs. Took me a number of hours. It is very helpful (i.e. torque specs, step by step) unfortunately it did not include the exploded diagram you have.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
bummer m8. that's why i was asking. there's a download script that'll do all the work for you. since you still have hours left on your subscription, i'd encourage you to give it a try since it'll download 99% of the files you'll need. (the missing 1% are cross references to non-sti manual pages;e.g. for the regular impreza.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh. That is what you were writing about. Well, the first one is complete. I will set it up tonight and download the entire batch to cross referance anything I may have missed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts