Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYBODY HAS A ECU PINOUTS FOR04 STI?

Well Im going to sell my speedmonkee ground kit and make my own (as I just want something to do to my car. - also if you want the SM ground kit , pm , it worked great, but heck i just wanna fiddle with my are -. So I know where to get some 4ga wire and all, but where can I get the ring connectors and such. I havent done this in a while an was wondering where I could pick some up? Also what about a solderin gun/solder? Thanks!

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have all the contact points and yes its VERY beneficial, some people say the are able to run higher boost and hold it better. Besides either way it smooths out the idle BIG TIME. I jus want to do it because I want to us 4ga instead of 8ga and I want something to do. I just dont know where to buy some of these audio parts I guess.

Robert~

·
Registered
133 Posts
wish i had as much time on my hands as you do. then maybe one day i can wake up and decide i want to ditch the grounding kit i purchased just so i can make my own. :lol: :D

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh the one I have is just fine, but I'd rather just make one myself. That way I can just feel cool that I did it :). Im trying to find time to just hunt around the audio shops and buy some cable and connectors. I know tweeters has the cable, just not sure about the connectors.

Robert~

·
Registered
493 Posts
staticx313,

Do you still have the SM ground kit for sale?
What color do you have?
PM ME...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Vote on a name for a Car detailing product line.

staticx313 said:
i have all the contact points and yes its VERY beneficial, some people say the are able to run higher boost and hold it better. Besides either way it smooths out the idle BIG TIME. I jus want to do it because I want to us 4ga instead of 8ga and I want something to do. I just dont know where to buy some of these audio parts I guess.

Robert~
Just beware that the terminations are as critical, if not more, than the difference between the guage of the two wires you're looking at. You better be good with a soldering iron or crimper! :)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I will be using soldering iron and gold ring terminals, I will let you all know how it goes when Im done. I also will probably use some heat shrink, if i can find some around town. I hate paying a lot for that online and then having to pay more for shipping then i did for the heat shrink, not sure what im goin to do tho just yet. Thanks

Robert~

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
staticx313 said:
Ya I will be using soldering iron and gold ring terminals, I will let you all know how it goes when Im done. I also will probably use some heat shrink, if i can find some around town. I hate paying a lot for that online and then having to pay more for shipping then i did for the heat shrink, not sure what im goin to do tho just yet. Thanks

Robert~
Radioshack always sells black heat shrink : )

-st

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would anyone be interested in these? They would be made out of high quality 4ga blue/silver/red/black monster cable (instant response super duper hyper crazy) wire, Monster cable gold ring ends and shrink wrap, and will be soldered on (not just crimped). I wouldnt mind making some for people to keep them from spending $100s if you guys really want to do this.

Robert~

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
How about sending out kits for those of us who like making the stuff as much as you do, but don't have the time to shop around for the best bits and peices?

I bet if you bought the parts in higher volumes they would also be cheaper.

I am definitely interested in a kit. :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Xman said:
How about sending out kits for those of us who like making the stuff as much as you do, but don't have the time to shop around for the best bits and peices?

I bet if you bought the parts in higher volumes they would also be cheaper.

I am definitely interested in a kit. :D
This is what I bought:

Wire:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3050923528&category=32810&rd=1

He also has bigger quantities and different colors.

Connectors:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3053816178&category=14932&rd=1

...and I bought some shrink wrap from Mcmaster-Carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/

This is a great deal based on my shopping if someone wants to make several kits. You probably only need about 10-15 feet per kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3050680769&category=14932

Hope that helps,

-st

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya I think I will be using KnuKonceptz as my source for wiring... they might seem like a cheesy ebay company, but before they went ebay the ywere TOP NOTCH and still are. They have very high quality OFC wiring. I might be able to sell a full kit for like $50-60 if the people will work with me. Thats about 1/2 of the average 4ga kit and this is still 4ga and with 2x the spots. So we'll see how this works out. I'll grab pics of everything as I go.

Robert~

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Robert, count me in for a set. Black with black terminals if possible. Other wise just black cable and I will black shrink tube the terminals.

sounds like a neat way to make a few extra bucks. I should have thought of it ;)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i was getting tired of 5 - 4ga wires for $100+... as that is rediculous. I have all the points for the ground, so I thought I'd help the STI/wrx community by selling these for like $5-10 over my cost (as I gotta make something to make up for s/h and time and such) which is like $50... 1/2 of the average "professional" wiring kits and twice as many points and such. As soon as I do mine (this weekend now that I finally went and bought everything) I will grab pics and see how many are interested.

Robert~

Also even though mine is monster audio, I doubt I will use that for everyone. Its not as high quality as some other companies. I will probably use the 2ga Kompressed wire by Knu Konceptz. ~3000 strands of tinned copper (VERY NICE) in a 4ga size wire. 2-3x more then the MA 4ga wire and still retains the normal 4ga size and 2-3x more connection. :) By the time Im done you will be able to ground out the earth ;).

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Can't you just go to home depot and get some standard 4ga copper wire?

Monster cable and other high-quality lines may (notice im saying may, not that it will) make a difference when you're talking about wiring the component signals of your TV or something, but when you're just talking about grounding, all you need is the ability to dissipate electrical current. I may be completely wrong here, but it seems to me that any standard 4 guage wire will be substantial to carry those currents, and a lot cheaper....

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya but if you use cheap wire, you generally get cheap performance. Im just trying to get the best of the best as it only costs like .50cents a foot more then the cheap stuff and contains 2-3x the amount of copper strands (more connection) and flows current better as they have low resistance wiring and OFC for no corrosion and such. Besides I wouldnt be able ot drop the price enough to matter with the cheap stuff and then it would be cheaply made :-\... but we'll see

Robert~

Also knu konceptz has Red, purple, yellow, and silver as well. As soon as I get everything together I will compose a list of each grounding kit.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am interested...

I see several kits grounding to strut tower (Do we need to do this in addition to OEM grounding points?)

Anybody knows how many ground points in total?
IF Staticx313 could make ALL OEM ground points (plus strut towers) w/ 4GA wires (w/ good soldered connectors), these kit would be awesome. (ULTIMATE KIT)

Speedmonkee just came out w/ additional ground cables system in addition to their Zero loss ground kits. (These are the ones that replace the OEM grounds from battery to body plus left fender.
(Don't forget to include these points as well)
See here:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=442384

How about the Top ground battery terminal connector shown on SPM product?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya but you're still paying $100+... thats rediculous. I will charge 1/2 that. Here are some pics :) of my kit coming up. So far I have just cut them and only bought 1/2 the amount needed ends *sigh* imadoofus. So tomorrow or sometime, I will go out buy a soldering gun, solder, and the rest of the ends and get this kit done and grab more/better pics. This camera is very VERY high in detail and hard to focus (the auto focus is a pain to use) ... so sorry if some pics are blurry and shakey.

Robert~

Attachments

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.