IW STi Forum banner

How much Noise does your Interior Make?

• Interior Creaking like a 18th Century Ship in Heavy Seas...

Votes: 73 34.3%
  • Makes some noise, but not to much...

Votes: 123 57.7%
  • What the Hell are you talking about...

Votes: 17 8.0%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I did a search on a Creaking Interior. My Interior Creaks like a Wooden Ship in a heavy sea at every bump. I understand some noise from the Tein FLEX's but I worried that I've have may crack or even broke something in the body. Does anybody else have this problem? If so what did you do to fix problem? (strut bar, underbody braces, etc.)

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Welcome to the interior of the STI. Geez what do you expect a smooth quiet ride....ur not in a mercedes or a bmw you know haha

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
93 Posts
In my case, the creaking got noticably louder right before the struts broke... I've broken two. Don't worry about it unless your steering starts getting squishy. ;)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
if your steering starts getting squeaky what does that mean?

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
I just put the radio on, hear my turbo spooling and my BPV whisttling and forget about the world...

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have a few rattles here and there, one I think is coming from below the passenger seat, sounds kinda metallic, and the dash rattles close to where it meets with the windshield. I might try to get rid of them one day, but i expected the car to rattle when I bought it, and it's rattled since day 1 (two weeks ago)

·
Registered
320 Posts
You guys don't know ratteling until you've switched to cusco mounts. Wooo baby...when I'm pulling away in first from a light (or anytime i'm in low rpms) the vibrations from the engine rattle the crap out of my interior and shake my mirrors so bad everything goes blury. It's much less like a creaking ship then it is a mini earthquake. But I love it :D . Like someone else said, this is an STi, not a Bently. Also, certain times at idle I have this rediculously loud clanking sound coming from somewhere under my passenger seat, it sounds like it's coming from the undercarriage. Normally if I WOT it that goes away...it's really weird.

I love this car's roughess, it reminds me what I'm driving.

My STI is also responsible for the death of one of my USB memroy sticks. I had it on my key chain, and I guess after weeks of hard acceleration/deceleration it broke the chip apart inside the stick. :lol:

·
Registered
517 Posts
The only rattling in my car is from the sun visor joints. Apart from that i find the STI to be very well insulated for the kind of car it is :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mine is pretty quiet. Only rattle I know of is my glove box. its loose, so it rattles over bumps.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Chris' sti said:
Mine is pretty quiet. Only rattle I know of is my glove box. its loose, so it rattles over bumps.
My litle cruise control handle rattles at every bump, and there is another noise coming from somewhere near the hatch.. oh and the seatbelts mounts. If our cars would have all the same rattles, itd be hell in there!!!!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My car used to creak until I figured out it was just a few loose bolts attaching the rear seat braces to the car. Those are the two black viertical bars behind the rear seat. Tightened them up and all is well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I finally have got all my creaks/sqeaks and clunks out. Here is what I had to do:

Raamat the entire trunk, and lid. The rear deck completely, and then I also did the divder between the trunk and the back seats, then on top of that I did dynamat foam 1/2" thick. I did the entire back seat and all doors. THe car is super quiet but I had one more squeak coming from the dash schroud around the speedo cluster, so I put a layer of raamat on that. Then I did koni's and for daily driving I have them set to full soft and they soak up a lot of bumps. FINALLY she rides like a normal car. Some call me stupid because its supposed to be a "rally" car. Well I finally got the daily driver I always wanted and I would never go back to the way I bought it new again.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I get a small creaking noise that seems to be coming from the ceiling light. Only annoying if I let it be.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Frozen STI said:
I get a small creaking noise that seems to be coming from the ceiling light. Only annoying if I let it be.

NEW CREAK COMING FOM DRIVER SIDE FRONT SOMEWHERE...IT IS CONSTANT BUT NOT TO LOUD...IT MAKES ME FUUCKING NUTS!...HOPEFULLY I WILL FIND IT, BUT WITH MY LUCK I DOUBT IT!

·
Registered
120 Posts
The plastic cover under my steering wheel creaks. it drives me crazy sometimes but thats about it

1 - 20 of 48 Posts