IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post and i'm sure you guys already know this but ill just post it anyway. There was a car show recently in my area and i was talking the Subaru lady there that was answering questions and she told me that the sti was coming here early 2003. She also said it was going to have 280hp and was gonna cost $30,000. Does this sound right to anyone? That sounds awesome to me but to good to be true, does anyone know if this is true or this was just some crazy lady who got me excited for no reason at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Subaru people didn't give me any pricing information, and they didn't have any specific launch dates, but they give a hp range from 260-340 horsepower. :eek: Although the woman did definitely say she'd heard rumors of up to 340 horsepower, nobody on this forum seemed to think 340 was really feasible. The Japanese spec has 276 horsepower, while the UK spec STi has around 260. Chances are, an American STi would be in this horsepower range.

To my knowledge, no launch date has been announced, nor has pricing, but there are rumors about the STi being announced in a few weeks at a rally event.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts