IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passport G-Timer

Almost doesnt look like an STi anymore..all carbon fiber body.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOt sure where its from a friend of mine found it on the S2000 forumns.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is the Cusco sponored car which runs in the Japan Special GT Cup. It does not look like it ever does well, I think the highest finish I have seen is like 19th or something... :(

Read more about it here:

http://www.jgtc.net/

Helps if you read Japanese, which I dont, but it has lots of great pics.

Michael

·
Registered
983 Posts
WOW, this is awesome. I've never seen a GT version of STi before (actually not even knowing it exists)! Even if they are not good now I'm sure in the future it'll become one of the best.

·
Registered
60 Posts
URABUS_WRXSTi said:
Almost doesnt look like an STi anymore..all carbon fiber body.

don't forget the "reason" why these races exist...the race queens! Yummy!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Super Taikyu Series... ..check it out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
NDMac said:
WOW, this is awesome. I've never seen a GT version of STi before (actually not even knowing it exists)! Even if they are not good now I'm sure in the future it'll become one of the best.
hmmm...I thought it was in the 300 class...and had a few top ten finishes in that class...with a best of 6th place? Maybe I'm mistaken. Love the look though...especially those rims!

Scott

·
Registered
43 Posts
The team is currently in 15th in the All Japan GT Championship. They have placed as follows:

Round - Place
1 - 10th
2 - DNF
3 - 6th
4 - ran in 2 heats
- 1 - 17th
- 2 - DNF
- total - 24th
5 - 19th

There are 8 rounds in the season, so it's not looking good this year.

The Cusco Impreza is a GT300 class car - meaning it's in the 300HP class. It has a 300HP turbo charged 2.0L EJ20 engine, is REAR wheel drive, and has a 6-speed sequential tranny. It was developed jointly between Cusco, Subaru, and STI.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The other cars, the "Super Taikyu" series cars (there are two of them, one blue and one yellow), are a little different (and doing better in the point standings: 1st and 5th overall)... They are still 300HP turbo (twin scroll) 2.0L EJ20 engines, but they are AWD with a production 6-speed tranny. The regulations require these cars to be much closer to production spec.

Here's the current field in the Taiyku series:

Pos Pts Car
1 82 FUJITSUBO IMPREZA
2 73 GIALLA Lancer EVO
3 45 Gramlights Lancr EVO VIII
4 38 RS Ogawa ADVAN Lancer
5 30 avex·IMPREZA
5 30 ENDLESS ADVAN Zama Mitsubishi EVO
7 28 NUTEC DUNLOP Lancer
8 26 RenewCar TC PRO ADVAN Lancer
9 15 RS Ogawa ADVAN Lancer
10 14 RS Ogawa ADVAN Lancer

Is it just me, or does the Impreza seem a bit outnumbered?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts