IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got it installed , but my friend (mechanic) said that theres not a way for the crank case vent hose to get back to the system or something like that? Im about to run up there and see what all hes talking about, but do you think that maybe the inlet was designed for the wrx and not hte sti? He said that theres a switch or something... I dont know... I will find out more info and get back to you. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT! Thanks!

Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I drove the car and it performs beautifully... I love that hose and it feels like it made a good difference. Anyways... The piece im talking about is the the valve/switch that went in the bung over the bov return. There wasnt a way to use it with the new inlet hose... so what do you do with it?

Robert~

·
Registered
759 Posts
staticx313 said:
Well I drove the car and it performs beautifully... I love that hose and it feels like it made a good difference. Anyways... The piece im talking about is the the valve/switch that went in the bung over the bov return. There wasnt a way to use it with the new inlet hose... so what do you do with it?

Robert~
I think you are talking about the PCV. You need to get a Perrin catch can and hook your PCV and Valve blow by ito the can.

Pictures and info here.
http://home.kc.rr.com/cerberus

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya I think you're right, thanks man! I'll go ahead and order one soon... also... is it safe to not be hooked up to anything?

Robert~

ya thats exactly it! Thanks!

·
Registered
759 Posts
staticx313 said:
ya I think you're right, thanks man! I'll go ahead and order one soon... also... is it safe to not be hooked up to anything?

Robert~

ya thats exactly it! Thanks!
It is safe if you don't mind vented oil all over your engine! It might smoke and stink. I don't know about fire issues....probably ok due to the small volume. I would get it done ASAP.

I have updated my site for the PCV reroute here.
http://home.kc.rr.com/cerberus/pcv_and_valve_blow_by_reroute.htm

Trying to help another STi guy out!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a ton man... dang I didnt realize that. I got jeremy at speed monkey hooking me up with a blue perrin catch can asap and will probably have him O/N it to me.

Robert~

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Peugeot 307

While we are talking about the catch cans again (just got mine in last night), should we have some kind of filter media in the can to help get the mist out of the air? I've seen guys talk about using foam filter material.

Stu....done this? I think I'm going to look for a cheap foam or stuffing to use.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
? I have no idea, ya if anyone knows post up please :)

Robert~

·
Registered
759 Posts
CloNeGTS said:
While we are talking about the catch cans again (just got mine in last night), should we have some kind of filter media in the can to help get the mist out of the air? I've seen guys talk about using foam filter material.

Stu....done this? I think I'm going to look for a cheap foam or stuffing to use.
I have heard of it, but not tried it. If you find something good, pick up a little extra! I will split it with you. :)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks again hummer! just order the catch can and short ram tonight :). Will be putting them on along with me front and rear strut bars and then grabbin some pics :), thanks!

Robert~

·
Registered
759 Posts
staticx313 said:
thanks again hummer! just order the catch can and short ram tonight :). Will be putting them on along with me front and rear strut bars and then grabbin some pics :), thanks!

Robert~
Let us know how the short ram treats you.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blue / Gold 2004 WRX STi for sale.

ebay lol... XOXO motorsports was the people. $37.50 each and $25 s/h... kinda a rip, but o well, they were all expensive in shipping. They both worked fine tho and look good.

Robert~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts