IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
I haven’t ever seen that. Luckily it’s the top hat, not the mount, I thought when I read mount you meant the section of the body it bolts to lol. Honesty I’d use it as an excuse to upgrade to a nice set of Cygnus x1 coilovers (made by fortune)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
H
I haven’t ever seen that. Luckily it’s the top hat, not the mount, I thought when I read mount you meant the section of the body it bolts to lol. Honesty I’d use it as an excuse to upgrade to a nice set of Cygnus x1 coilovers (made by fortune)
Hey thanks a lot for the reply. I’ll look into the Cygnus!

·
Registered
549 Posts
H

Hey thanks a lot for the reply. I’ll look into the Cygnus!
Contact Geoff at Cygnus. The coils are made by fortune. And carry the fortune warranty. But are custom valved. Can be set up for performance and stiffness or comfort pending what you’re doing with the car. I’ve had 3 sets of coils on my sti, the Cygnus is by far the stiffest and still rides better than the other two because of the valving. And without even completely dialing them in on my last track day they still outperformed the other two sets. I’ll suggest them to everyone anytime. Also Geoff has great customer service.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Contact Geoff at Cygnus. The coils are made by fortune. And carry the fortune warranty. But are custom valved. Can be set up for performance and stiffness or comfort pending what you’re doing with the car. I’ve had 3 sets of coils on my sti, the Cygnus is by far the stiffest and still rides better than the other two because of the valving. And without even completely dialing them in on my last track day they still outperformed the other two sets. I’ll suggest them to everyone anytime. Also Geoff has great customer service.
Thanks again! I’ll give Geoff a call. What are the other two that you had? This is pretty much my daily driver and really don’t want anything stiff. The streets in my town are freaking awful.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again! I’ll give Geoff a call. What are the other two that you had? This is pretty much my daily driver and really don’t want anything stiff. The streets in my town are freaking awful.
I mean more stiff than factory

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sounds like you’d want Cygnus x1 comfort. I had tein flex first. 5k rear springs. 7k front. They rode nice but didn’t give the greatest feedback handling wise. Then I switched to flatout suspension. 5k rear springs. 7k front also. Dampening was bad and they were ultra stiff. Didn’t handle well. Rode really rough. Currently have Cygnus x1 motorsport coils. 9k front. 8k rear springs. Rides smoother than the teins and smoother by far than flatouts. Not even fully dialed in and already handles better on track.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like you’d want Cygnus x1 comfort. I had tein flex first. 5k rear springs. 7k front. They rode nice but didn’t give the greatest feedback handling wise. Then I switched to flatout suspension. 5k rear springs. 7k front also. Dampening was bad and they were ultra stiff. Didn’t handle well. Rode really rough. Currently have Cygnus x1 motorsport coils. 9k front. 8k rear springs. Rides smoother than the teins and smoother by far than flatouts. Not even fully dialed in and already handles better on track.
I’m sure the Cygnus x1 handle better then stock? Like I said before on here, I don’t know much. I bought my sti a few years ago when I paid my FJ off for a little little zipper to drive. Lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
I’m sure the Cygnus x1 handle better then stock? Like I said before on here, I don’t know much. I bought my sti a few years ago when I paid my FJ off for a little little zipper to drive. Lol
Yes. Assuming they are properly setup they will handle better than stock. They may not ride as smooth though. That’ll depend on the spring rates and valving. Geoff would explain that better than I could.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. Assuming they are properly setup they will handle better than stock. They may not ride as smooth though. That’ll depend on the spring rates and valving. Geoff would explain that better than I could.
Thanks again for the info. I really appreciate it. Have a happy 4th!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts