IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
flaps

Hey guys whats up. Im kinda new to the wrx scene, actually i dont have an sti yet, im kinda browsing my options between cars and i believe this car to be an awesome machine. I just have a couple of questions for rightnow though. How difficult is it to get an STI in the 400+ awhp range. I know the evo is having a kit developed that should put it at 450 for under 4 gs. But i wasnt too overly impressed with the evo overall and i believe the STI to be a much better car. Im also wondering how difficult it would be to switch the tmic to a fmic, or if anyone here has done that. Thanx and any info would be greatly appreciated.. :wink:

·
Registered
858 Posts
the stock wrx dynoed at around 170 wheels.

people are getting 250+ and some are around 300 wheels after some seriouos work done.

so you can just assume the same thing will happen to the STi...

M

·
0 Posts
I would be shocked to see a car upped to 450 whp for under 4 grand.

World One has a guide on their efforts to install a FMIC, I'm not affiliated with them, but it's a sweet site, and has some nice pictures:

http://www.worldoneperformance.com

hope that helps

mist

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
ldivinag said:
the stock wrx dynoed at around 170 wheels.

people are getting 250+ and some are around 300 wheels after some seriouos work done.

so you can just assume the same thing will happen to the STi...
What are you meaning by 'serious work'? Guru on this forum reached 300 hp using just bolt ons within just a few days of tuning.

Serious work (ECUs, EBCs...) will be turning some really nice numbers...but we just don't have any yet. Remember, the car's only been around for 3 months.

For anyone that owns the car now....power isn't really an issue in stock form. More would be nice, but definitely not needed!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Serious work on the WRX gets you to 300 at the wheels.
A little work on the STI gets you to 300 at the wheels as per Guru.
Serious work on the STI gets you more than that due to a larger engine.

And the best part is the STI has a tranny that can hold that 300 hp for a long time.

-Lance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, i just want a car thats runnin around 400 hp. I had an IS300 and i totalled it and i know for a fact that those motors have allot of potential. Im wondering if the sti has good potential. Cuz i know on my IS, on stock internals i could take it to 500 rwhp, even though that would be costin me about 8 gs. But i could drop 6 gs and be runnin 365 respectively at the wheels on an IS. How much awhp can i get outa a STI for 6 gs?

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
500 WHP out of an IS300 for $8K?!?!?! Hell, they have less than 170 WHP stock. . . . what's that $8K buy? A whole new engine with real potential? :p

The 215 HP at the crank in stock form REALLY turned me away from the IS300 as a new car option. I don't know what would get a person 500 at the wheels short of ALL NEW internals and a twin turbo boosting over 20 psi.

The Sti, on the other hand, is boosting around 16 psi stock and giving you lots of room for upgrades with beefier internals to begin with. I'd say you'll have little trouble getting 400 HP at the wheels. . . can do do it for a little more than $4000 I think. And it'll be a ton more reliable at that stage than the IS300 ever could have hoped to be for twice the money.

Just get the STi. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts