IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First phase:
1)About How much whp and ft.lbs will I gain from going Cobb Stage 2 to Protune with a Walbro Fuel pump and EBC?
2)And from that, how much will I gain with an FP Green, FMIC, and EWG?
3)Same setup, but with added 105 octane and Forged pistons?

I want to know approximate numbers on a regular reading dyno.
I hope to achieve at least:
1) 300whp/300ft lbs. @ 18psi
2) 370whp/380ft lbs. @ 20psi
3) 395whp/400ft lbs. @ 22-24psi

Am I being realistic with my hopes? Sorry for the lame question, I dont normally post stuff like this. But im kinda desperate and very curious at the same time, so any thoughts would really make my day..

BigboostSTi

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,577 Posts
Why would you do step 1? What would that really get you (the EBC in particular, over a protune...). There's no such thing as a "regular" dyno but plenty of people have put down 300/300+ on stage 2 alone (mine was 280/310 at 17.5 psi, but I believe the dyno read a little low).

Regarding step two - a 20g, with IWG, stock TMIC and meth can make 400 at the wheels on certain dynos. Seriously though, the dyno is just a tuning tool, I wouldn't mod based on the numbers alone.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you have a lot of reading to do before jumping into the bigger mods. You'll find a lot of good info on here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been looking this stuff up. Its not like its all "New" to me, but yes there is always more to learn..
It was my tuner that suggested the EBC with the Protune. He had claimed that many customers didn't experience the PSI levels desired, and more importantly keeping those PSI levels at desireable levels throughout the RPMs.
Reason why I want a protune so soon:
1) Power
2) Because it's cheap, and I can afford it now

The Extra stuff will have to wait about half a year while I try to accumulate all the pieces over time with college in the way etc. Hope this clears some stuff up..

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You're on the same page as I am. I am probably gonna get a protune in near future, and save up for turbo upgrade later. Are you looking to add any type of injection? If so, the power gain is pretty damn good. I'm personally don't want to get it, so I'm looking for about roughly 350awhp all turbo power on pump gas. I think FP Green would be a good choice for that. You won't be able to get [email protected] with just 20G alone w/o injection of some sort. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I have learned so far from reading a lot of threads :p

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah probably around 700cc's, maybe a bit more.
Im just hoping the boost controller will hold boost better, along with the tune.
I really hope to gain about 30-45whp with this protune. Even if the majority is more torque. I love torque. Stage 2 brought alot more torque than stock, so im hoping this will provide even more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts