IW STi Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
hello again dear dlheman,

S207 and S208 have both better too end power as they reach their peak power @7200 rpm instead of the 6400 of R205 equipped w/ VF56 and S206 w/ VF58 because of better balancing and higher blueprint standards of their engines.
Their electronic managements are finer: ECUs are different, using larger memory and more aggressive/refined values not only related to turbo settings but to higher AVCS, too, for example.

To answer you about your last question, the peak boost levels we reached on a R205 are near to 1.6 bars and are held quite stably, w/ no issues.
Please consider that P25 te housings are not comparable to P16/P18/P20 ss ones.

Previously you were also asking about 2019 RA-R’s turbocharger, wondering if it’s a VF56: it’s a VF58 ;)

hugs
So about 23psi.

Awesome, thanks~!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Great info, thanks for sharing Giorgio!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I wanted to thank you, dlheman, and Giorgio for both sharing your knowledge and personal builds. It provided me with the inspiration to seek out this beauty over the last year of searching! It just arrived in the mail today from Japan.

Thank you guys for joining our Page and sharing our contents. You’re welcome.

As far as we know, all existing pictures and graphs of genuine VF58’s available online are taken in our Lab, since it’s one of (if not the) rarest IHI turbocharger ever produced for Subaru twinscroll applications.

That specific VF58 shown here is inside my own car, so I personally know that turbocharger VERY well.

A huge hug to You all
??❤??

Giorgio Provinciali
Advanced Sports Engin
founder and CEO
Grazie, Giorgio! I'll now have some of my own pictures to add :) I had only ever seen one picture of a VF58 before seeing your page. Now I own one!

Basically the VF58 is an updated version of the VF56 , as they are the same turbocharger except for the straight blades profile seen on the compressor wheel of VF58 and revised, better performing and durable ball bearing configuration.

The VF58 has the “S” marked uprated actuator, too, for better holding boost persistence.

If you‘re the lucky owner of one of the very few VF56’s around here, you’d be very happy of your turbocharger, as it’s one of the best IHI twinscroll turbos ever produced for Subaru application. We did the straight blades mod on Your same turbo, using our billet wheel designed for that specific application.

If you wish to make that kind of upgrade you can send us your unit and we will balance the whole CHRA assy as well as rework the compressor housing for perfect fitting the new wheel and matching the new specs.

This way you will have a VF56 capable of the same or better performances of a VF58.

Giorgio Provinciali
Advanced Sports Engineering Lab
founder and CEO
I hope to send my VF58 to you for reconditioning, dual ceramic ball bearing upgrade, and possibly the billet compressor wheel upgrade. Is your billet wheel the same profile/spec as the standard VF58 wheel? or is it larger? or lighter than the OEM nickel wheel?

I wish you & dlheman the best. I hope that you are both doing well and healthy during these difficult times.

Ciao.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Wow, nicely done! Very nice

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts about it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear STINick19,
I know where you bought it and when ;) Our Japanese partners constantly inform us and I saw that turbocharger before you bought it.
Yes, I'm aware it needs a proper restoring before being used and sure we can do it for you.
No problem for the dual ceramic ball bearing as well as the the billet compressor wheel.upgrades.
You will be updated with tons of videos and pictures of all the whole process done on our Schenck and Turboclinic machines. As you know, we know that and all other S / R series rare turbos better than our pockets ;)
I will write you further details 'cause it's a delicate operation and all things must be planned before being done.
PM us on our Page so that we can better give you further instructions.
A huge hug to you and my personal best compliments for your choice.

Advanced Sports Engineering Lab

FB and IG: advancedsportsengineeringlab

61 - 66 of 66 Posts