IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My STI w/ Volk GT-N's

Hi everyone! I just completed my interior light mod. After hearing some fitment issue with .2" condoms, I ordered .12" condoms along with .2"condoms. After taking out the original green condom, I figured that it is indeed .12" in size. So anyone trying to do this mod, I recommend buying .12" condom.
for HVAC controlls, you will need to cut the bottom part of the condom (thick rim). for factory boost gauge, use the condom without cutting as the light bulb is longer.

PS. I'm sorry if someone already discuvered this. I wanted to post this ASAP!! :D

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Hehe, shoulda just named this "correct condom size....." and left the info for the post. Ah well, I guess that might offend people.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
yeah, i resorted to the red sharpie also after trying .2" condoms. the bulbs should be cheap enough to replace if necessary

·
Registered
385 Posts
So do the .2" condoms not fit then? I ordered 10 after seeing other posts that others used the .2 size. Can somone clarify?

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I did not know there were sizes. I just orderd what the place had. They were a little big but I just pulled them over the bulb and base. So far 5k miles and no problems. I will have to check when I get home and see if there is a size listed on the package.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I used the .2", they are a little big but work.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ya, um i ordered a shit load from some company.
I was like I need 8 to 10 so i can get all the bulbs and a have a few extras. Well i bought like 10 bags each with 10 in them.

So anyone that wants a bag of red .2" dia lamp cover red drop me a pm and I'll mail em out. I surely don't need this many extra nipples.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I had the .2 on the HVAC and they were big but did work after messing with them for a few minutes.

I then bought an OEM 6-disc radio and the .2's were too big to work on those bulbs. I ordered the .12 and they fit perfect on the radio lights. I had a few extra and redid the HVAC bulbs. The .12 condoms fit WAAAYYY better on the HVAC bulbs. No cutting involved

Get the .12

1 - 14 of 14 Posts