IW STi Forum banner

Cool down after driving? First turbo.....

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sti-dreams 
#1 ·
My STi is my first turbo car. (Love it so far-- 750 miles and counting. Must.... control...... right...... foot....)

Hey, I've read a bunch of stuff in the past about turbo cars and how they recommended idling a minute or two to let the oil circulate after a long drive or hard driving. Can any of you old WRX dogs clue me in if this is still good practice?

Thanks!

#2 ·
YES!!! definatly if u been driving hard maybe longer then 2 minutes. if u dont wanna be sitting in your car for minutes after driving then u should buy yourself a turbo timer and it will allow your engine to run while your walking away with the key. u can program how long u want it to keep running for. i have always just taken it easy the last couple of minutes before i get home then u shouldn't have to sit there too long at home if u kept it off boost.

#4 ·
do turbo timers void your warranty....personally, i preferred to stay in my last turbo-car......96 civic hatch (gsr swap-turbo)....i thought it was fun....none of the dates did though....downside....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.