IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
kerz said:
That is sweet. I wonder if they have Subaru install kits....

kerz
If it's a true 2-DIN unit as they claim, no kit will be required to install it in any of the newer Subarus. 8)

Loods pretty darn cool, too!

(Wish Pioneer, Alpine, or Kenwood would do something like this)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just found out my shop that installed my audio system can order these units if i want one.
unfortunately, well not really, i just got the eclipse 8443 so unless i sell it for 400 i'm not swapping yet

·
Registered
38 Posts
concubine...

Man, that unit looks very cool! I wonder how hard it would be to fabricate something like a false panel to go on top to pretend you still had no stereo. A little steath security:)

Mike

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually i just found out, necvox is the manufacturer. it is the same as the rosen unit.
i may be ordering this badboy soon, if i can sell the eclipse 8443.
it just looks way too pimp!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually I have this Rosen R6500 unit. It's a really nice unit. It can even play burned DVDs with entire MP3. The only downsides that I have found are these:

MP3 will list the file names. Not the ID3 tags. Connection from a computer is not that great either.

Pluses - Everything else. TV, MP3, Stereo, DVD, true double din. This unit fits very nice into a STi. Looks factory. Navigation is not out yet, last time I checked - early Dec is when I checked. Below are some links for ya:

http://www.rosenentertainment.com/rosenindash-r6500.htm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually Mike - that's what I'm going to work on. The problem with that idea is this. Down in the lower right of the unit is a joystick that is not flush with the rest of the unit. So I'm working on trying to fabricate a bracket that would pull the unit in about 1 inch when the key is off. Then once the key is on it would move out flush with the edge of the STi bezel.

If anyone has done this or has any ideas - please let me know.

Also if anyone has any questions on this unit - just ask. I would be glad to test it out and answer them.

-Ken (aka b0n3z)

X-Ray_STI said:
Man, that unit looks very cool! I wonder how hard it would be to fabricate something like a false panel to go on top to pretend you still had no stereo. A little steath security:)

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts