IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
8,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During yesterdays auto-x I have one of my buddies point out to me that my front sway bar is installed wrong. Its strange to me because its been like this for the last 6 months or so! NO noises or erratic behavior, all has been well :tup:

How could I have not noticed? Im not sure....

My bar loops from the top, then comes down, all the pics I see on the internet not have the bar looping up to the endlink, so I guess mine is wrong.

The car feels great on the track, should I bother switching it back?

3,296 Posts
I installed my Cusco front bar the wrong way the first time and I swear it worked better for me than when I re-installed it the proper way...

Here's how the sway bar was the first time I installed it:

As long as it's not reall badly installed and hanging over the tierod and possilbly rubbing/bending it then it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

I installed a Whitelike 27-29mm bar today, holy jebus is that bar huge! Made my Perrin endlinks stop clunking too since it can't walk and move the sway bar/endlinks to angles that make the Perrins clunk. :)

· Banned
8,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pic. BUt mine is even different I believe. I will need to post up a pic. Noting is clunking or hitting anything. Its strange...because the car feels great.

· Registered
4,573 Posts
hrmmm - well I would probably switch it, for some reason I am kinda suprised it all bolted up fine and did make any odd feelings/sounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.