IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone that has installed speakers, how are you connecting your speakers to the factory wires that are already there? The wires are in some sort of plastic clip already, so I either have to find an adapter for this clip or just cut the plastic clip off and connect the wires straight to the speakers. Just want to find out what people did.

Also, what is the white goo in there? I assume it's some sort of corrosion protectant.

One more thing : has anyone put a bazooka tube in the trunk? If so, how did you mount it?? I had one in my previous car and it was fastened to the spare tire cover thing. The spare tire cover in the STI only covers the very back part of the trunk, so there is nothing to put a screw into on the bottom part of the trunk closest to the rear seats. I'm weary of drilling straight into the bottom of the trunk since I'm afraid of hitting the gas tank!

TIA

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay -thanks for the tip about the speaker wire adapters. I will check that out.

Anyone have any info on installing a bazooka tube or know if you can drill into the trunk to put screws in?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Let's all meet up some time

I just cut the factory plug off. I mean why have extra connectors in there that could slip and cause problems? If you want to do it I don't see a problem but why spend the extra bucks for somethign that doesn't give you any real benefit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts