IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sti floor mats

i got my sti 3 weeks ago. i just realise that everyone talking about 2.5 sti but mine is 2.0 sti.... i m from brunei, southeast asia. whats the difference between 2.0 and 2.5 sti? both of them got the same things, exterior n interior... any explanation? :eek:

·
Registered
382 Posts
the usdm and cdm cars are 2.5l engines with 300hp, 300 torque and 7000rpm redlines, the rest of the world still gets the 2.0, we also get different wheels, and the DCCD

·
Registered
52 Posts
2.5 Liters Baby!

Yep, 2.5 liters is only in North America. For us in the US, I think it might have something to do with our love for V8 grunt and tire-spinning torque. Subaru super-sized the engine wisely for us super-sized freedom-fry-loving Americans!

Although, I'd think that the 2.0 should allow the STi to handle better; it is the engine size that's been in the STi since it was created, right?

TerraJumper :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
255??

The 2.0 liter in the non-US world is putting out 280 bhp and 291 torque, so its not hanging back much in terms of power. It's also said to handle a bit better with the lighter engine block - the suspension being designed for and tuned at that weight.

But i'm sure the 2.5 liter has more capability for increasing the output, and the difference in handling can't be too significant.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
not all the world gets 280hp... australia gets a 265hp version, which i think is pretty much what UK and europe get too...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup i got different gold rim and no dccd.. i will post the pix soon... hehehe... just check 'got mine' section. mine is white/gold one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts