IW STi Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked and searched and cannot find one. With an APS DR525 on the way I really want to convert over to a flat hood. The RS hood won't cut it as it's a heavy monster. I looked around for a Carbon Fiber hood but they're all "hey look at me with all my slits and holes". I just want a flat carbon fiber (or aluminum) hood. Anybody? This will be combined with a wingless trunk for a sleek look. I may add the limited lip later.

t

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
3,274 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woot! Thanks for all the posts here.

Yes, the DR525 has been ordered and paid for. Probably be about 3-4 weeks before I get it. All the ones at the larger retailers in the states were spoken for (I'm going through StaticXMotorsports) so I'll be getting one from the next overseas batch. Black Core + Red Pipes = Yummy.

My long term goal is 'Project Sleek'. I want a wingless/scoopless STI riding on JDM Pink Springs (or RCE's). For me, this would be exactly what I am looking for: an STI in sheep's clothing. I don't want a wing or a big scoop, or a lip, or a body kit, or skirts, or anything extra. Give me a dropped STI without a wing/scoop and I'll be smiling from ear to ear.

t

·
Registered
447 Posts
This was my option

No scoop

·
Registered
634 Posts
Anyone know what the difference in weight is between this CF RS style hood and the stock STi hood with scoop and splitter and the stock RS hood. If the difference is not that great between the stock STi and RS, I would rather have that than the CF hood. I know the weight is up high, but I find it hard to justify CF if I am only going to cover it with paint.

Thx

Fred

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
doesnt seibon have an rs style cf hood?

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
WolfPlayer said:
but they're all "hey look at me with all my slits and holes".
My ex used to say the same thing when I didn't give her enough attention.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The weight is not much i would say 5-7lbs lighter...

·
3,274 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I've been thinking about the doing the same thing re: the hood. I haven't convinced myself to give up the wing yet. I might take off my wing temporarily and take a high speed spin in a curvy (but safe) place to see if I can feel the difference. If not, then I might consider yanking it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts