IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys- just completed the bulk of the mods I set out to do initially- preliminary observations and will answer specific questons and get digital photos- somewhat computer iliterate so i am just learning how to download this stuff. ENGINE MODS- Godspeed downpipe, Blitz SUS, greddy boost control, greddy e-manage( switch to UTEC in future), Blitz NurspecR exhaust, ported and polished wastegate. Plan on turbo upgrade, FMIC, etc... down the road. SUSPENSION/HANDLING MODS- Praxis air management system( working very nicely), Cusco front/rear sway bars, Cusco front/rear tower strut bars, adjustable rear endlinks(recc. for praxis in TRACK mode). BRAKE MODS- stainless steel brake lines, EBS greenstuff pads. STEERING MODS- Whiteline bushings. TRANSMISSION/LINKAGE MODS - STI short throw shifter. Waiting on prototype kartboy bushings. GAUGE MODS- Greddy boost, EGT, oil- amber bulbs on order. Millenium Autosport in Virginia Beach- HIGHLY RECC!- these guys are down to earth and perfectionists- and it goes without saying Dan at Godspeed- HIGHLY RECC.- his reputation and service speaks for itself. So far couldn't be more pleased. Car will be at VIR for HPDE on FEB 21/22. Fire away with thoughts....KEN

·
Registered
316 Posts
What are your impressions on:

Steering bushings? (Worth it?)
Stainless lines and pads? (better than stock? How about brake dust?)
How much difference with just the sway bars?

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I would really like to see a full reviw of your Praxis system after you have had a chance to experience it. Obviously providing us with pictures of how the system is fitted to the car would be great for those still considering it as an option.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bushings are FANTASTIC as per drivers comments on another thread- "one- handed driving" is dead on- tracking is amazingly different, stable compared to stock is best way to put it- a glaring factory ommision. I have noticed NO increased vibration. Pads and lines nice improvement but i haven't taken multiple high speed proplonged runs- but noticible upgrade with just normal driving. Sways- i have the praxis system on the car- in touring mode( spring rates close to stock) oversteer not prominent and "lean" is not evident- can kick out the tail now- in sport and track mode car feels fantastic- very neutral-ken

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ready for Sandblast 2004 Rally

One of my next goals is to get praxis pictures- but to be honest sport compact car did a recent review- suspension upgrade on STI and engine on EVO- that i couldn't reproduce as nicely. The only problem we had was with a ground- otherwise it is performing flawlessly so far- hard to gauge it alone as you can see it was combined with other mods- ken

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ken, I am also interested of an in depth review of the Praxis system.

Do you experience the floatiness around turns that the stock suspension exhibits due to the front differential?

How is the comfort level of the different settings compared to stock? More harsh, less harsh, more bounce less bounce? How does it handle rough terrain-do all the bimps get absorbed better than stock? Is touring hieght the same as stock STi height or stock WRX height?

How does the body lean compare to stock vs touring vs sport vs track?

Anything else that you like about it?

Sorry for all the questions but I've been waiting to hear what the impressions are about this system since I am considering it.

Nice list of mods BTW :D

Oooh, if you haven't heard of it yet, here is another very interesting suspension option soon to be avaliable to all WRX owners from Prodrive:

http://www.prodrive-usa.com/news_article.asp?nid=10&a=0

My suspension choice will be between these two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts