IW STi Forum banner
241 - 260 of 283 Posts
Sexy! Will you be installing them soon? I am really interested in your findings.

I just ordered a brand new set from Japan, which will complete the full S206 “experience”. It costs me the same as a set B16, but I am convinced this is the way to keep a comfortable ride. And I would not be surprised when this set is pretty good on a track, when you want to give it a go.

Since the S206 shocks and springs are coming my way it was a bit of a challenge to find the alignment specs.

A local Subaru dealer in Japan was very kind and sent me the specs for the S206 (which should be the same as for the regular STi.)

Anyway, I put the Japanese manual through Google translate and posted them below for future reference:

dislaimer: this manual was translated to English and could be wrong ;)

Many thanks to:
SUBARU of Tokyo EBISU
MISATO TANAKA

Hi JorisR,

Would you still have a copy of the installation manual for the Support Front Kit (ST20106ZR000)? I got myself the same item from a dekit car but it's missing the bolts.

I am trying to trace the part number for the missing bolts (circled in red).

Well, I finished installing the whole lot onto the car. It is pretty easy when you don’t mind getting your hands dirty. It is all bolt on basicly.
Pro tip: I used the google app which contains google glass. You use your phone camera and point it towards the Japanese written guidelines. It translates it on the spot in your mother tongue. Easy!

Result:

my car has all the plastic undercovers, which is standard in Europe. I am not sure if this goes for every part of the world.
If you look closely, you can see a cutout I made in one of the covers to make room for the rear draw stiffener. Wasn’t hard with a rotating cutter, but be aware the cover won’t fit otherwise.

so, do I like it? In short: Yes I do! For reference: my car chassis is completely stock except these parts. (Tires are Michelin Pilot S4).

• flexible tower strut bar (SG517FG101)
  • support front kit (ST20106ZR000)
  • flexible low stiffener (ST20118ZR000)
  • flexible support rear (ST20156ZR000)
  • flexible draw stiffener rear (ST20168ZR000)

Comfort has increased, the road ‘feels’ smoother when hitting bumps and potholes. Some of the roads I drive daily now feel smoother for sure.

Turn in has increased a lot, the whole car seems sharper. You can place the car on the road where you want it, very nice. Long bends give more confidence, short turns can be achieved at higher speed. The car will understeer like before, but you feel it introducing itself better now.

and then the party piece: accelerating out of a corner (or roundabout). I found that I can hit the throttle a LOT sooner and then it just gooeesss. Entertainment! It surely is one of the reasons the S206 laptimes are so good.

STi did a class job with this stuff. To bad it is so expensive, otherwise it should come as standard in my opinion.

now I do wish for the lateral links, longer subframe bolts and rigid collars. Oh, and some nice 19” wheels with pilot super sports. But first: some more driving to get used to the new limits.

Discussion starter · #247 ·
Hi JorisR,

Would you still have a copy of the installation manual for the Support Front Kit (ST20106ZR000)? I got myself the same item from a dekit car but it's missing the bolts.

View attachment 62951
I think those bolts and spacers are not available separately as the part number is categorized as one whole package with P/N 20107C:

I realised that. I tried to back-trace the part number (didn't exist on official SubaruParts site). Had to do investigative work by referering available images online (zoom in) but kept hitting roadblocks (Subaru doesn't provide the technical dimensions for all their bolts)

So far managed to identify (as best as I can from the Japanese installation manual re below)

• Flange Bold Hex Head M10 x 22
  • Flange Bolt Hex Head M10 x 25
  • Hexagon Socket Head Cap Screw M10 x 30

Best effort from reference sites of the bolts

Japanese manual (only managed to get this single page - had to use Google Translate to figure out what the items are)

I think those bolts and spacers are not available separately as the part number is categorized as one whole package with P/N 20107C:
View attachment 62952

Attachments

Hi JorisR,

View attachment 62951
i do have it,since I am documenting everything. At the moment I am enjoying a holiday away from home. Let me give you the pages when I am back ok?

as stated before: I think it only comes as a package, but…. The bolts are available from the dealer (or other vendor). You need the spacers too, which can be replaced by metal rings.

i still have to fit the S206 shocks, I will make some pictures of the bolts and spacers (with measurements) if needed.

Thanks mate!

No worries take your time. Will be a while before I install it. (y)

i do have it,since I am documenting everything. At the moment I am enjoying a holiday away from home. Let me give you the pages when I am back ok?

as stated before: I think it only comes as a package, but…. The bolts are available from the dealer (or other vendor). You need the spacers too, which can be replaced by metal rings.

i still have to fit the S206 shocks, I will make some pictures of the bolts and spacers (with measurements) if needed.

Finally, I had all 4 bushes of the front lower control arms replaced with STi GrpN items, new OEM balljoints and the S206 suspension fitted.
I can't believe the difference in ride quality the new setup has made, I love it! The reviews on the S206 have been spot on!
I've yet to fit the rear flexi supports from the S206 (they arrived today) and then I am done with it.

Thanks mate!

No worries take your time. Will be a while before I install it. (y)

So, the manual consists of five pages. I will publish them all, with the google translation below it. Just to be clear: I do not speak Japanese :geek:

This manual has been valid in Japanese domestic use only

Support front kit installation / instruction manual

Thank you for purchasing this product. -This manual explains the installation, handling, and observance of this product.

・ Please read "Handling Precautions" carefully before use to ensure correct use.・ Also, keep this manual in a glove box, etc., and read this manual each time you have any questions.

The following marks are displayed for important points, so be sure to observe them. | What you must follow for your safety

△ warning

[Incorrect handling may result in death or serious injury] Safety and must be observed for the vehicle [Incorrect handling may result in injury or accident May be connected]

△Attention

※advice

What you need to know

Things to know

A warning

-Never modify or modify this product.

The product may be damaged and cause serious damage. -For safety reasons, be sure to stop the engine before starting work.

・ Be sure to tighten bolts and nuts.

・ Tighten the mounting bolts after mounting for 100km and if necessary, inspect them regularly.

Please do .

・ If any abnormality (abnormal noise, vibration, etc.) occurs while driving, immediately stop the vehicle in a safe place, check the mounting bolts, etc., and retighten. If the abnormality still does not improve, promptly inspect and repair.

Please go. Continuing to drive may cause damage to the vehicle or an accident.

-If the product receives a strong impact due to deterioration, damage, accident, etc., the original performance can be maintained.

Please stop using it immediately as it will disappear.

△Attention

-This product does not dramatically improve the marginal performance itself. Always try to drive safely

I.・ Do not use this product for any purpose other than the applicable model or for its intended purpose.

It may damage the product or lead to an accident.

・ If this product requires disassembly and maintenance, please install it at a certified factory of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.

When installing this product, be sure to follow the relevant vehicle model service manual issued by SUBARU Corporation and follow the precautions in this manual.

-When installing this product, if the bolts and nuts are tightened outside the specified torque, the bolts and nuts may be damaged or loosened. Therefore, tighten the product in compliance with the specified torque.

※advice

-The Company is not liable for any direct or indirect damages caused by improper installation or handling of this product, resulting in malfunctions or other malfunctions.

-Please note that we cannot guarantee any defects in the product or vehicle that occur directly or indirectly due to the installation of this product.

・ For vehicle defects that may occur due to the installation of this product, SUBARU Corporation's vehicle credit

Please note that it may not be covered by the warranty.・ When replacing with this product, be sure to use SUBARU for non-reusable parts, consumables, oils and fats.

Using genuine parts

Please give me.

-The specifications of this product are subject to change without notice.

・ The data described in this manual may differ depending on the measurement conditions. -Installing this product may cause deterioration of ride quality and major changes in driving characteristics.

Installation procedure

1. Part number and applicable model STI part number

Part name

Support front

kit

Applicable model

GR Impreza

GH Impreza SH Forester Turbo Car A ~ YA Exiga Turbo Car A ~

Turbo car A ~

BL / BP Legacy Turbo Car A ~ VA WRX STI Turbo Car A ~

2. Finished parts

① Support arm front (RH / LH)

: 1 copy each

② Support chromen front

1 each 2 pieces

③ Spacer (D = Φ24, d = Φ11. T = 6) ④ Spacer (D = Φ24, d = Φ11.t = 10) 2 sheets

Select and use with or without flexible lower arm bar

⑤ Hexagon socket head cap screw M10 × 22

⑥ Flange bolt M10 × 25

⑦ Flange bolt M10 × 30 ⑧ Washer (D = Φ24.d = Φ10.5.t = 3.2) 1 piece

⑨ Installation / Instruction Manual (this manual)

* Please check the number of members first. In the unlikely event that there is a shortage or difference, the store where you purchased the product

Please contact.

3. Specifications

Reinforcing member for front cross member.

4. Precautions for installation

△ warning

To ensure safety, be sure to remove the negative terminal of the battery while the engine is stopped.

Please give me.・ Be sure to tighten bolts and nuts.

△ Note

-Installation of this product corresponds to disassembly and maintenance stipulated in the Road Transport Vehicle Law. Installation at a SUBARU authorized garage is recommended to ensure proper installation and functioning of the product.

・ Be sure to follow the service manual for the vehicle model issued by SUBARU Corporation and follow the precautions in this manual.

Please. Tighten in compliance with the specified torque. If tightened outside the specified torque, the bolts and nuts may be damaged or loosened.

5. Simultaneous exchange and reuse of unavailable parts

Replace self-locking nuts and flange nuts according to the service manual issued by SUBARU Corporation.

please.

6. Work procedure

Be sure to follow the replacement work procedure according to the service manual issued by SUBARU Corporation.

Support front kit components (mounting overview)

With flexible lower arm bar installed

④ Spacer 10mm

② Support chromen F

Without flexible lower arm bar

Flexible lower arm par bracket

③ Spacer 6mm

⑦ Flange bolt M10 × 30

① Support arm FLH

⑧ Washer 3.2mm

LH side only

⑥ Flange bolt M10 × 25

① Support arm FRH

△ warning

△ warning

To ensure safety, be sure to remove the negative terminal of the battery while the engine is stopped.

△ warning

Securely attach the attached washer

please. If the mounting is not secure, the bolts and nuts may loosen even if they are tightened to the specified torque.

Be sure to tighten bolts and nuts to the specified torque. If the tightening is not secure, abnormal noise may occur or the running condition may become unstable, resulting in an accident.

To customers

Handling Precautions

△ warning

・ If any abnormality (abnormal noise, vibration) occurs while driving, immediately stop the vehicle in a safe place, check the mounting bolts, etc., and retighten. If it is still abnormal, promptly inspect and repair it at a SUBARU dealer (dealer). If you continue to drive as it is, it may cause damage to the vehicle or an accident.

Su.・ Mounting bolts should be inspected after mounting for 100km and regularly, and if necessary, retightened.

please.・ Do not use this product for any model other than the applicable model.

By installing this product, the rigidity around the front is increased against the input from the road surface, the input from the steering, and the input from the engine, but it does not dramatically improve the limit performance itself. Please drive safely as before the replacement.

note

-Installation of this product corresponds to disassembly and maintenance stipulated in the Road Transport Vehicle Law. Installation at a SUBARU authorized garage is recommended to ensure proper installation and functioning of the product. -Installing this product may cause deterioration of ride quality and major changes in driving characteristics.

Spartan Technica International Co., Ltd.

3-9-6 Osawa, Mitaka City, Tokyo 181-0015 TEL: 0422-33-7848 FAX: 0422-33-7844

Thanks Joris!

The hunt is on for flange nuts and spacers!

So, the manual consists of five pages. I will publish them all, with the google translation below it. Just to be clear: I do not speak Japanese :geek:

This manual has been valid in Japanese domestic use only

Support front kit installation / instruction manual

Thank you for purchasing this product. -This manual explains the installation, handling, and observance of this product.

・ Please read "Handling Precautions" carefully before use to ensure correct use.・ Also, keep this manual in a glove box, etc., and read this manual each time you have any questions.

The following marks are displayed for important points, so be sure to observe them. | What you must follow for your safety

△ warning

[Incorrect handling may result in death or serious injury] Safety and must be observed for the vehicle [Incorrect handling may result in injury or accident May be connected]

△Attention

※advice

What you need to know

Things to know

A warning

-Never modify or modify this product.

The product may be damaged and cause serious damage. -For safety reasons, be sure to stop the engine before starting work.

・ Be sure to tighten bolts and nuts.

・ Tighten the mounting bolts after mounting for 100km and if necessary, inspect them regularly.

Please do .

・ If any abnormality (abnormal noise, vibration, etc.) occurs while driving, immediately stop the vehicle in a safe place, check the mounting bolts, etc., and retighten. If the abnormality still does not improve, promptly inspect and repair.

Please go. Continuing to drive may cause damage to the vehicle or an accident.

-If the product receives a strong impact due to deterioration, damage, accident, etc., the original performance can be maintained.

Please stop using it immediately as it will disappear.

△Attention

-This product does not dramatically improve the marginal performance itself. Always try to drive safely

I.・ Do not use this product for any purpose other than the applicable model or for its intended purpose.

It may damage the product or lead to an accident.

・ If this product requires disassembly and maintenance, please install it at a certified factory of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.

When installing this product, be sure to follow the relevant vehicle model service manual issued by SUBARU Corporation and follow the precautions in this manual.

-When installing this product, if the bolts and nuts are tightened outside the specified torque, the bolts and nuts may be damaged or loosened. Therefore, tighten the product in compliance with the specified torque.

※advice

-The Company is not liable for any direct or indirect damages caused by improper installation or handling of this product, resulting in malfunctions or other malfunctions.

-Please note that we cannot guarantee any defects in the product or vehicle that occur directly or indirectly due to the installation of this product.

・ For vehicle defects that may occur due to the installation of this product, SUBARU Corporation's vehicle credit

Please note that it may not be covered by the warranty.・ When replacing with this product, be sure to use SUBARU for non-reusable parts, consumables, oils and fats.

Using genuine parts

Please give me.

-The specifications of this product are subject to change without notice.

・ The data described in this manual may differ depending on the measurement conditions. -Installing this product may cause deterioration of ride quality and major changes in driving characteristics.

Installation procedure

1. Part number and applicable model STI part number

Part name

Support front

kit

Applicable model

GR Impreza

GH Impreza SH Forester Turbo Car A ~ YA Exiga Turbo Car A ~

Turbo car A ~

BL / BP Legacy Turbo Car A ~ VA WRX STI Turbo Car A ~

2. Finished parts

① Support arm front (RH / LH)

: 1 copy each

② Support chromen front

1 each 2 pieces

③ Spacer (D = Φ24, d = Φ11. T = 6) ④ Spacer (D = Φ24, d = Φ11.t = 10) 2 sheets

Select and use with or without flexible lower arm bar

⑥ Flange bolt M10 × 25

⑦ Flange bolt M10 × 30 ⑧ Washer (D = Φ24.d = Φ10.5.t = 3.2) 1 piece

⑨ Installation / Instruction Manual (this manual)

* Please check the number of members first. In the unlikely event that there is a shortage or difference, the store where you purchased the product

Please contact.

3. Specifications

Reinforcing member for front cross member.

4. Precautions for installation

△ warning

Please give me.・ Be sure to tighten bolts and nuts.

△ Note

-Installation of this product corresponds to disassembly and maintenance stipulated in the Road Transport Vehicle Law. Installation at a SUBARU authorized garage is recommended to ensure proper installation and functioning of the product.

・ Be sure to follow the service manual for the vehicle model issued by SUBARU Corporation and follow the precautions in this manual.

Please. Tighten in compliance with the specified torque. If tightened outside the specified torque, the bolts and nuts may be damaged or loosened.

5. Simultaneous exchange and reuse of unavailable parts

Replace self-locking nuts and flange nuts according to the service manual issued by SUBARU Corporation.

please.

6. Work procedure

Be sure to follow the replacement work procedure according to the service manual issued by SUBARU Corporation.

Support front kit components (mounting overview)

With flexible lower arm bar installed

④ Spacer 10mm

② Support chromen F

Without flexible lower arm bar

Flexible lower arm par bracket

③ Spacer 6mm

⑦ Flange bolt M10 × 30

① Support arm FLH

⑧ Washer 3.2mm

LH side only

⑥ Flange bolt M10 × 25

① Support arm FRH

△ warning

△ warning

△ warning

Securely attach the attached washer

please. If the mounting is not secure, the bolts and nuts may loosen even if they are tightened to the specified torque.

Be sure to tighten bolts and nuts to the specified torque. If the tightening is not secure, abnormal noise may occur or the running condition may become unstable, resulting in an accident.

To customers

Handling Precautions

△ warning

・ If any abnormality (abnormal noise, vibration) occurs while driving, immediately stop the vehicle in a safe place, check the mounting bolts, etc., and retighten. If it is still abnormal, promptly inspect and repair it at a SUBARU dealer (dealer). If you continue to drive as it is, it may cause damage to the vehicle or an accident.

Su.・ Mounting bolts should be inspected after mounting for 100km and regularly, and if necessary, retightened.

please.・ Do not use this product for any model other than the applicable model.

By installing this product, the rigidity around the front is increased against the input from the road surface, the input from the steering, and the input from the engine, but it does not dramatically improve the limit performance itself. Please drive safely as before the replacement.

note

-Installation of this product corresponds to disassembly and maintenance stipulated in the Road Transport Vehicle Law. Installation at a SUBARU authorized garage is recommended to ensure proper installation and functioning of the product. -Installing this product may cause deterioration of ride quality and major changes in driving characteristics.

Spartan Technica International Co., Ltd.

3-9-6 Osawa, Mitaka City, Tokyo 181-0015 TEL: 0422-33-7848 FAX: 0422-33-7844

Update - Installation Completed

Thanks for the guide JorisR! Mission accomplished!

I received the STI Support Front Kit but they came with used spacers (some bolts and one of the spacers was missing).

Received STI Support Front Kit x 2 sets

Received only partial set of flange bolts and spacers

From the bolt specs provided, managed to fabricate a new set of similiar size spacers and found the replacement flange bolts.

Installation was successful!

Am a happy man :)

No problem, glad I could help. If you find any problems let me know.

Looks all good, amazing job! :cool:

Update - Installation Completed

Thanks for the guide JorisR! Mission accomplished!

I received the STI Support Front Kit but they came with used spacers (some bolts and one of the spacers was missing).

Received STI Support Front Kit x 2 sets

View attachment 63120

Received only partial set of flange bolts and spacers
View attachment 63118

View attachment 63119

From the bolt specs provided, managed to fabricate a new set of similiar size spacers and found the replacement flange bolts.
View attachment 63121

Installation was successful!

View attachment 63122

View attachment 63123

Am a happy man :)

So, it took a while to get a hold of all the new self locking nuts. Yesterday I started swapping the spec C (OE) suspension for the S206 setup. The rear end is now done, today I will do the front.

then it is a matter of aligning the car. High hopes for a good ride!

Spec C:

After pressure wash:

Setting up the top mounts and bump stops from OE:

Brand new, oh this looks good:

Nothing to see when the car is at its feet, so another ‘upskirt’:

And the front is done, full S206 setup now.

The car is not aligned yet, but I took it for a quick test drive. First impressions: better comfort, especially at short bumps. The whole car feels more ‘planted’ on the road, which gives confidence. In a turn with bad road surface the car used to ‘wiggle’ it’s tail, that is gone.I didn’t do any high speed yet, it was way to busy for that this afternoon.

I will update as the car gets aligned and I put some km’s on the setup.

241 - 260 of 283 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.