IW STi Forum banner

201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Cusco ones look interesting but as you said @dlheman I am not sure how these will fair with time especially in climates with salt etc.
Do you have a link to the AVO ones?
I've found these which seem to be similar to the AVO ones you mentioned?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
The Cusco ones look interesting but as you said @dlheman I am not sure how these will fair with time especially in climates with salt etc.
The Superpro's version is beefy as I had one once. But I did have some issues with it.

Below are the links for the GR/GV/VA and the height measurement is center-to-center:
AVO Turboworld front adjustable endlink 55mm-65mm
AVO Turboworld 85mm-95mm rear adjustable endlink.

And below are the links for slightly taller size:.
AVO Turboworld front adjustable endlink 70mm-80mm
AVO Turboworld 90mm-115mm adjustable rear endlink.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
And just in case you missed my post about adjustable endlink, you can find my recent post on page 9 of this thread.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
Oh I see that Whiteline once sell something similar that I always had in mind:

The bracket/tubing is inserted into the arm.

Come on mate, it should be better than that...

No wonder is no longer available.

·
Registered
GVF STi
41 Posts
AVO Australia website:
front
rear
About 190 euro’s delivered in the Netherlands, with additional customs still cheaper than the Japanese website. I’m not sure about the UK customs rules and fees.

·
Registered
GVF STi
41 Posts
While I am awaiting my AVO endlinks, how did you install them? More specific: with the correct load on the sway?

When I raise the vehicle the load is not representative for driving. So... besides a bridge (which I can rent) is there an alternative way?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
You will need to do it on a flat ground, and car fully loaded. As to how I did it, well, I actually crawl underneath the car on my back since my home has flat ground (checked of course).

the easiest is to have it on wheel alignment bed that can be raised up.

oh and i also mount some weights on driver seats to equal my weight.

·
Registered
GVF STi
41 Posts
I will probably end up renting a bridge. I want to get it right. My driveway is a bit tilted, so that probably isn’t the best way to do it. Thank you for clarifying!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Yes you need to do this correctly, or else you can snap the endlink. Is not difficult to do so just take your time.

Note: to remove the rear oem endlink you must first loosened the swaybar bracket - because as you know by now the endlink is tilted forward. You can try removing the rear oem endlink without loosening the bracket, but I don’t recommend it.

And once again; be sure the balljoint is dead center to its respective position. Very important.

·
Registered
36 Posts
A Japanese good friend of mine has helped me translate part of the car's manual and these are the differences the 20th anniversary has:

The components installed:
Roof spoiler, front under spoiler, gear shift knob, STI 20th Anniversary ornaments, a push-start
engine switch, side sill plates, strut & shock absorbers, coil springs, flexible tower bar, flexible
lower arm bar, front bushing (front lower arm), front support chromene, front support arms, tierod
end assembly, rear suspension link-set (pillow), 18-inch cast aluminium wheels, centre caps, EPC
heat insulation cover.

Since the front suspension bushing is different, I don't see why the GrpN STi bush can't be fitted when the rear bushes of the front LCA need replacing.

·
Registered
GVF STi
41 Posts
The longer S206 flange bolts have been installed. Another step forward.

OEM vs S206 bolt:

Installing and tightened to the right spec (145NM):

I am awaiting dark red seatbelts at the moment, so the car is now without seatbelts or electrical power (preventing fault codes). Once installed, I will update on the bolts and their effect.

·
Registered
GVF STi
41 Posts
Not yet! I will put on the lateral links first since I need to replace all the nuts according the service manual. Once the links are installed I will put on the AVO endlinks on too.

The weather is not that great now as well, so no rush.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
I don't know the technicality of it but I can tell you it makes the rear end feels stronger as in more rigid.

·
Registered
GVF STi
41 Posts
What do the longer S206 bolts do? They allow you to torque them more?
it is the only item that I could not find in any catalogue. It is part of the overal S206 chassis, but what the effect should be isn’t made clear by STi.
I will try to check if there is any noticeable difference at all. The torque spec is the same, but the longer bolt will connect all parts better together maybe? I really can’t tell, but for this money I will give it a go since STi decided to change it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
Actually there is one item that I am interested in buying but never got around to; the Spec C front cross member.

I haven’t done much research about this part but it serves as a good replacement if the original needs replacing I guess.

201 - 220 of 245 Posts