IW STi Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 S2000 or 2004 STi?

Do we have such thing as plastic tab that covers the front license plate hole? I used to have an Integra Type R where I removed the front license plate bracket and covered the holes with color-matched plastic tabs / plugs. I got these tabs from the dealer's service department. The car looked better that way.

I called a few Subaru's dealers and they said Subaru did not provide those tabs. I know this is illegal in CA, but does anyone have these tabs. Thanks.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I don't know where to get these. Are you sure the Acura ones wouldn't work? I think the front holes are for the Japanese spaced license plates. They don't line up with us plates.

Also if you don't tell anyone I don't have a front license plate I won't tell either. ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Acura ones are yellow that won't work with my Pearl Blue STI. The front bumper holes were pre-drilled and it was that way when I picked up the car. The worst case is to obey the law and put the lic. plate on.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Interesting. My STi didn't have the front plate holes drilled. Just the rear with the dealer ad plate attached. I too thought it looked better without the front plate, but dufuly got out my drill and put both plates on just before the trip permit expired. With the scoop, wheels, and wing we are already attracting attention. I don't want to give a reason to be pulled over...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Which 17" snow tires here is best?

Have you noticed the vinyl stickers/tabs on the underside of the rear wing? Maybe those would work. Just a thought.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stiperformance:
Where did you get those nylon tabs? Do you have an extra pair? I can buy it from you. Thanks.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Klui said:
Stiperformance:
Where did you get those nylon tabs? Do you have an extra pair? I can buy it from you. Thanks.
I had a buddy machine them for me. As a matter of fact, he machined me 2 pair, so I do have an extra pair. The extra pair I have looks to be made out of a different type of nylon or its teflon. If you want them, i'll give them to you for free. E-mail me your address at [email protected]

BTW, what color is your STi. If you have the silver, i'll throw a coat of paint on them for you (hopefully it sticks to the material).

·
Registered
858 Posts
try your local hardware stores.

when my mom's honda got the rear badge stolen, there were 2 holes.

i went to a local hardware store and i found small plugs with a very shallow mushroom type heads. i got it slightly bigger than the holes and they look good.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Fortunately for me, my dealer had the forethought to ask if I'd like the front plate holes drilled. Since NC does not require front plates I'll have a clean front bumper and no holes..

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I think you will still have 2 holes. It comes with 2 holes but if you need a front plate in your state, 2 more holes need to be drilled to mount our US style of plates because the ones it comes with are too wide. At least that is how mine is.

·
Registered
779 Posts
mx_9 said:
Fortunately for me, my dealer had the forethought to ask if I'd like the front plate holes drilled. Since NC does not require front plates I'll have a clean front bumper and no holes..
Post a picture once you get your STi. I am from PA and we don't need front plates and my STi came with the 2 big ugly holes. You can even see the styrofoam through the holes.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I suspect that they were asking about drilling the 'other' two holes based off of what you and MKIVSupra wrote. If, by chance, it comes in without holes I'll post a picture.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hummer,

Thanks for the post. My STI is blue. I am not sure if that silver front bumper trim will look good. I wish they offer color-matched trim with, say, pink STI logo like the sticker already on our car.

STIperformance,

Thank for your offer. I'll try some hardware stores this coming weekend to see if they have any plugs that fit. In addition to the two big holes that came with the car, I was so stupid that I forgot to ask the dealer not to drill holes. Now I have two big and two small holes. IF I can't find those plugs, I will take your nice offer and email you my address. Thanks again.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Klui said:
My STI is blue. I am not sure if that silver front bumper trim will look good. I wish they offer color-matched trim with, say, pink STI logo like the sticker already on our car.
You could always have it anodized blue and paint the logo.

Hummer,
That sure does look awesome on silver! I might have to get me one...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts