IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
gotta go where the money is if there is no top team for him in WRC. I don't think Colin could make more money anywere else (NASCAR is carzy with $$$$$).

·
Registered
524 Posts
wow, the money must be very good for him to consider that series. I'm not a Colin fan but it really sucks that he's not going to have a top ride next season....stupid FIA.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....unless FIA reverses the descision about the 3rd driver rule. They were supposed to have a meeting about this today at 6pm (GMT)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I thought all votes regarding the matter had to be in by that time? I thought discussions were over.

Corrado pretty much said the same thing the other day in the pre-rally press conference. "Why ask for a vote on something that is already decided?" Even if a fax-in vote isn't received, the lack of vote is taken as an approval.

The kicker....the manufacturer's and teams only get one vote total.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hood scoop and wing shutter at speed

My understanding was that the President of FIA wants to reverse this 3rd driver rule (in addition he wants 16 events next year - Japan and Mexico). This would mean going back to the orginal way, depsite all of the turmoil at the teams. The final descision was to be made today.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The decision that will be made today is for the new reversal of the 3rd driver rule....as in all teams will only be allowed 2 full time points scoring drivers. They can run as many as they want, but only 2 drivers will be allowed to score points. In addition, the extra races and 'recces' changes will be made.

Overall changes:

http://www.worldrallynews.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1063000650,30898,

New calendar:

http://www.worldrallynews.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1062768694,53945,

Pro/Con discussion:

http://www.wrc.com/en-GB/Features/Features/001/2003_R_AUS_ThirdDrivers.htm

·
Registered
963 Posts
Is Colin McRae even marketable on the Rally Circuit anymore? I thought he was washed-up years ago.

Not entirely his fault, but lots of bad luck and sponsorship going away... wasn't it?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
People said Carlos Sainz was washed up and ready for retirement also......

Stanger things have happened :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
At this moment in time I can see Colin going over to Nascar, or possible ASCAR here int he UK. He was involved in a race towards the end of last year I think and was well poised for a podium finish but he got a puncture. I think he set the fastest rookie record for the track as well.

Or he could hop over to Superbikes?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think if he goes to Nascar he'll get bored really quick turning left all day long. He should try F1. He's good enough to go against Schumacher, right? 8)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Of course he is! :D

But having had experience in Ascar and saying that he enjoyed it, and there are seats/money for him there.... Why not? There's not much chance of anything in the WRC next year (damn FIA! :evil: )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts