IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2017 STi. I daily the car with aggressive driving, mountain cruises on the weekends, and track the car 4 times a year. I've read online that the "lower tier" coils are not much of a performance upgrade over the stock suspension. I have a budget of *roughly* $2,000. I have also read that specific bushings, sway bars and control arms paired with lowering springs can be a huge upgrade in handling performance as compared to the coilovers. That being said, what are my options with my given budget, and what will ultimately give me more performance on the street and track?? Currently have Cobb stage 1+ with an ETS extreme cbe. Will be going tbe and e85 by the end of 2019. All opinions and advice welcomed. Thank you in advance! I need to get off stock height asap lol - PFA :)

Attachments

·
Vendor
211 Posts
Cost no object I'd suggest our Ohlins Track Package:
Arcflash LLC - OHLINS ROAD & TRACK COILOVER SUSPENSION

RCE Sways:
Arcflash LLC - RACECOMP ENGINEERING 2015+ STI SWAYBARS

Whilteline Roll Center Kit:
Arcflash LLC - Whiteline Subaru Roll Centre/Bump Steer - Correction Kit

This is a great combo but of course is not within your budget..

If you're going to stay at or below $2k I would suggest staying away from coilovers:
RCE Bilsteins
RCE Yellow Springs
RCE Sways
Whiteline Roll Center Kit
~$2350
PM me and I can put together a package deal for ya.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My uses are much like yours (with the exception of the track days).

I don't know about the replacement springs and shocks arcflash is quoting but in my opinion
(based on my 17 STI with no lowering) replacing the rear sway (larger), rear lower control arms (rear camber control), sway bar end links (stiffer), urethane bushings (stiffer) gave me everything I wanted in getting rid of the understeer and better turn in and control ability.

I am not saying that you don't need a thicker front sway if you lower...I am saying that I would do everything else before I changed out the front sway bar for a thicker/stronger one.

It is so easy to do I would do everything else...see if it is still needed and then do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts