IW STi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I upgraded from Tanabe GF210 to Tein Flex.
Wow.. Even I haven't tuned the suspension (allignment and corner balance), I definately feel more confidence.

My car's main duty is weekend track days - non competition, weekend drive, twisties roads, some AutoX.

I've done about 6-7 track days for the past 2 years so far w/ my old setup GF210 and I'm wanting to have a good setup for this Tein Flex that I just installed.

Please share w/ me the following:
1. Main use of the car.
2. Brand and Type of Coilover.
3. Front and Rear Camber and Toe setting.
4. Front and Rear Distance from Center hub to fender lip .

Several questions:
1. What would be the best range for question #4?
I'm not looking for a slammed look just something functional w/o having to buy 6Gun Racing Ball Joint Extension Kit

2. Should I allign the car first prior to corner balance?
What do they do to the coilover to get the weight balanced?
Raise/lower by reopening the coilover from the hub and turning the bottom adjustment?

3. How about spring preload? Is this something that needs to be tuned as well?

I am really BLIND about coilover setup especially spring pre-load and corner balance so links, reading materials, advised are appreciated :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
14" in the front, 13.5" in the rear works well.

Have an alignment and the corner balance done at the same shop...

The flex have dual height adjustable I believe. The preload is affected by the height on the spring adjustment. Search for much more info. on spring preload. Again, search for all the other info.

With that said, I have the V3's by KW and love them. Best coilover I have ever driven on. I believe they are the best system you can get without spending big bucks on Ohlins or other 2 way coilovers.

·
Registered
897 Posts
the flexs height and preload are on different perches. so neither of them effect the other. i had my car aligned and it feels great. then for twisties i run right in the middle for the front dampening and then about 2 clicks softer for the rear, seems to help bring the rear out a bit with the extra weight transfering. but i also have hotchkis sways so that setting may not work as well for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts