IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've narrowed it down between two coilover the Zeal Function XS or the Cusco Zero 2R. Or maybe even the Zeal Function X. I've searched but I couldn't find any recent reviews of the Zeal Function XS. Anyone running them? Also whats the difference between the Cusco 2R and 2E performance wise?

This car will be used for some canyon carving and Track as much as possible.
Budget is 3K possibly a little over. So if you have any other suggestions feel free. Ride quality is not really a concern as long as the tires stay planted to the ground going over the dips on socal freeways. Especially the 91 I hate that freeway.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
158 Posts
2E's you can hook up to the E-Con, 2R's you can't but it's inverted, it's Cuscos top of the line COs. Those would be ideal for your specific app. But wait a little bit, you'll be hearing from the EDM crowd with their pitch.
If you're thinking of the Zeals, you might as well consider those Helix DNA's, they are Zeals after all but priced cheaper.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
for that much money i would def reccommend the KW Variant 3's + RCE camber plates + group n top mounts in the rear. they are very comfortable on the street and great on the track. search for info about them and you should find plenty (search for KW* and/or v3*)

·
Registered
325 Posts
What evil said...Why do you want a super stiff coilover? For 3k you can get some nice European coilovers (excellent valving and super nice on the street).

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
SO THAT I AM NOT ACCUSED OF TRYING TO SWAY YOU...................

between the Cusco and Zeal?..........................well.

CUSCO.

For a coilover that you will have for years and not wear a kidney belt on dates and when going out,...KW, V3.

Let us know if you have any questions. We are a vendor that actually tracks their cars and actually know about driving etc. 2 out of the 4 on staff have competition licenses. Might sound funny but some of the things vendors tell customers is crazy.

Myles, Dan , Kelly and Mike.

·
Registered
654 Posts
For the money, how about AST Racelines with external reservoir can adjust rebound and compression separately.

This is what I'm shooting for once I have the $$$.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone have any more infor on the racelines or experience with them?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Go for the KW's Varient 3's. I trust drivers who use them, and have had experience driving others. Mine are in the mail, but I know these are going to be what I need.

VAN

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2r's go one on oct 2 along with a bunch of other goodies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts