IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yes, just go with the stage 1 and reset the ECU after your flash it. Give it like a week or a tank of gas to learn it. After, you can do some data logging and see if you are hitting boost target.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
what others have said, and make sure you read your manual from front to back, its important, and you will be happy that you did, I know its exciting and you just want to install it, but take the time to

just my 00022 cents

·
Registered
657 Posts
Otter said:
I didn't reset my ECU after stg 1 flash, am I missing something?
You don't really have to reset the ECU after you load the new stage 1 or 2 base map. I do it so that the ECU can have a clean sheet of slate to work on. This way, if anything from previous(which I doubt) wouldn't get into the way of the ECU learning the new base map.

It's almost like putting in a new mod and resetting the ECU. This is the same process.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Wait, why would you having trouble either with boost creep, or not hitting full boost with a stock DP?

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
mug23 said:
You don't really have to reset the ECU after you load the new stage 1 or 2 base map. I do it so that the ECU can have a clean sheet of slate to work on. This way, if anything from previous(which I doubt) wouldn't get into the way of the ECU learning the new base map.

It's almost like putting in a new mod and resetting the ECU. This is the same process.
No offense man, resetting the ECU is kinda pointless, since the AP pretty much revamps your ecu, it cleans the slate so to speak, so it can work its magic!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.