IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
NEVER have I said that, and you can take your "brick" comments and stick em where i'm thinking. Get your facts straight before putting words in my mouth.

This car does not and will not revolutionize ANYTHING. They could've put the boxer engine in an Rx-8 body and call it a day. It also does not deserve HALF the attention it's getting around here. It's almost like you and other tools are working for subayota and promoting this NON-SUBARU-TECHNICA-INTERNATIONAL 2WD car.
Funny. Isn't it. Told you. You may think you're on the OTHER side... but you are just as much a part of the BRZ's energy as any over-sweet drive review is.

And it is a Subaru Impreza WRX STI, by the way. The BRZ is the Subaru BRZ... not a model of anything else. Seems that has some iconic status, being the first of a unique line. Being positive. Moving forward.

What truly amazes me is the similarity here of another time and another such argument. Only then it was not your rant above, it was a louder rant on a grander scale. It was the one against all those JAPanese cars... Rice Burners.

But this is another world now. In all ways, the Past sits side by side with The Future. The BRZ is intrinsically appealing to humans, having been purposfully designed that way... to open another door for FHI. It is not just another model in the lineup. It is the first of a new kind of car, from an apparently clean marriage of engineering and economics of two of the world's more respected automakers. From my perspective they've done a great job.

The BRZ is The Future, as Toyobaru see it, and the world has welcomed it. Accept it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Lol at out of whack response. Clearly avoiding the simple truths I wrote.

petrol burning cars = the future. Let's marvel at that :lol:

Let us know when you sober up.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Lol at out of whack response. Clearly avoiding the simple truths I wrote.

petrol burning cars = the future. Let's marvel at that :lol:

Let us know when you sober up.
Here is a simple truth; one of the very first cars to follow the BRZ is a hybrid.

You can't really make a hybrid, where mpg is the focus, using what Subaru had... the AWD system exclusively. With the introduction of the BRZ a whole new world, for today's Subaru, of RWD is opened, which is what more fuel efficient cars need. The new cars to come, therefore, based on a RWD platform with revised engines and technologies, all follow in the footsteps of the BRZ.

Pretty "revolutionary" to me.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
NEVER have I said that, and you can take your "brick" comments and stick em where i'm thinking. Get your facts straight before putting words in my mouth.

This car does not and will not revolutionize ANYTHING. They could've put the boxer engine in an Rx-8 body and call it a day. It also does not deserve HALF the attention it's getting around here. It's almost like you and other tools are working for subayota and promoting this NON-SUBARU-TECHNICA-INTERNATIONAL 2WD car.
Kind of a harsh reaction for a comment on subtlety.

And we are tools and corporate plants for liking this car?

You know, I used to point to the IWSTI community as an example that other forums should strive for. I always found the people here welcoming and moderate in their responses. But of all the forums I'm on (including a local forum full of drag racers) IWSTI has had the worst reaction to the BRZ; ranging from active dislike to actual trolling. I've been really disappointed in the community here as of late.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
rwd = revolutionary?? I don't know where to begin, so i just won't. So that takes care of Seeeeeya...

as for Draco, well.... don't bring up rx-8s in a mustang forum, i've said that before.

We don't like the BRZ, YOU live with it.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
*sigh* :domo:

·
Registered
463 Posts
rwd = revolutionary?? I don't know where to begin, so i just won't. So that takes care of Seeeeeya...

as for Draco, well.... don't bring up rx-8s in a mustang forum, i've said that before.

Stay out of my subforum with your nerdrage.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Kind of a harsh reaction for a comment on subtlety.

And we are tools and corporate plants for liking this car?

You know, I used to point to the IWSTI community as an example that other forums should strive for. I always found the people here welcoming and moderate in their responses. But of all the forums I'm on (including a local forum full of drag racers) IWSTI has had the worst reaction to the BRZ; ranging from active dislike to actual trolling. I've been really disappointed in the community here as of late.

HHUUUGGGEEE amount of trolls here. It's pretty disappointing when you can't have a conversation about a car (which has it's own subforum, out of the way) without getting **** on by people who can't accept the fact that it's RWD, or turbo-less. Just because you don't have the confidence or skill to drive a RWD car, and can't live without boring AWD, doesn't mean you should be here ruining it for others.

IWSTI is a great forum. Smart people, lots of experience, great technical threads. Definitely some trolls here though.

If you really have this much of a problem with the 86 platform, then ignore it.
Not that difficult to overlook this thread and the more to come.
:tup:

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
HHUUUGGGEEE amount of trolls here. It's pretty disappointing when you can't have a conversation about a car (which has it's own subforum, out of the way) without getting **** on by people who can't accept the fact that it's RWD, or turbo-less. Just because you don't have the confidence or skill to drive a RWD car, and can't live without boring AWD, doesn't mean you should be here ruining it for others.

IWSTI is a great forum. Smart people, lots of experience, great technical threads. Definitely some trolls here though.

If you really have this much of a problem with the 86 platform, then ignore it.
Not that difficult to overlook this thread and the more to come.
:tup:
Well said.

Pretty sad to see the epic trolladge going on here. Especially since 99.9 percent of you have never even driven the damn thing and don't like it simply because its not a wrx or sti. Fanboys unite!

Sent from my Revolution 4G using Taptalk.

·
Registered
906 Posts

Why do you keep comparing this to an RX-8. The RX-8 is a gas guzzling expensive POS. And that is coming from an ex-rotary owner. The BRZ has superior pricing and fuel economy. Also, the DIG platform is a good start for the future of Subaru engines. Stop trolling, guy.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I can't wait for this car, and that's coming from someone who's had 2 WRX's, and 2 modified STI's. It might be underpowered from the factory but it's also not lugging around gobs of extra weight. I love the STI but everytime I jump in the miata it just reminds me what driving is all about, and this is the perfect alternative (slightly bigger, similar handling, better interior layout, and its a Subie!)

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts
If any member who cares about this site wants to report a troll, just click report post, which is the triangle w/an exclamation point in it. This appears on every post in the lower left corner.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.