IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k guys i got my ap finally today :D but i have a question can i run stg2 with my k&n just fine or would i have to go back to my stock intake? any power difference?

mods:
hks carbon ti
invidia v2 catless dp
k&n short-ram typhoon
ap: not installed just sitting at my computer desk :(

plz plz someone help.... im sooooooooo excited for the ap but i need to make sure i dont mess anything up :(

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
kids have run stage 2, but I feel like more with the APS CAI

I would reccomend putting the stock airbox back, only because when i had both the K&N and SPT in my car, it actually pulled timing

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
I have read many members threads concerning the typhoon. So many who have had the typhoon than switched back to stock have loved the change. If your not going to make some kind of custom cold air box I would'nt reccommend running the typhoon. My .02

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm running the stage 2 with my k&n for about 2 months now on the 93 oct. map. You'll be fine... If you go to Cobb's web site and look up the maps to download page and look at the notes on the map. they state that they designed the map to go with "their" intake. So go put that thing in and enjoy!!

second page of the pdf. it lists the additional notes. they say their SF Intake as being acceptable, but it's not much different from the K&N. http://www.cobbtuning.com/sti/accessport/docs06/Stage2%2093%20v110%20ProTUNER.pdf

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
i also ran the typhoon for about 2 months on an old protune. no problems. i got it re-tuned recently and the car runs great. i do recommend making the cold air box though. if you're not getting a protune, stock box is prob. your best bet.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
just seems like a lot of work for a mod with minimal if any gains, thats why if i was to go with an intake again, it would have to be Cold air, and tuned

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
psiAddict said:
I'm running the stage 2 with my k&n for about 2 months now on the 93 oct. map. You'll be fine... If you go to Cobb's web site and look up the maps to download page and look at the notes on the map. they state that they designed the map to go with "their" intake. So go put that thing in and enjoy!!

second page of the pdf. it lists the additional notes. they say their SF Intake as being acceptable, but it's not much different from the K&N. http://www.cobbtuning.com/sti/accessport/docs06/Stage2%2093%20v110%20ProTUNER.pdf
one thing i dont get is there any difference between the k&n and cobbs sf intake? i will try my stock setup first and then try the k&n and 93 map.
opinions on the arc induction box and what map would be good with it??

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
well, have heard of a couple people use the ARC and were pleased with it. I think the closest map, without getting street tuner and doing it yourself would be the COBB SF intake

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol i think ill stay with teh stock box lol js saw the price haha

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Man I love my Typhoon. The sound is unbelievable...

Getting pro-tuned for it on Tuesday (Stage 1).

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've been running my Typhoon with Cobb AP Stage 2 for about 9 months now, and I love it!! No complaints here..

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Search there has been thousands of threads on this with very informative info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts