IW STi Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone. I've recently purchased a 2019 STI. Long story short, it ended up coming with more modifications than originally thought. So far, everything checks out, and I'm trying to find a shop locally to do a leakdown test to fully set my mind at ease.

The car has basically a Cobb stage 2+ on it: Intake, turboback exhaust, Accessport. There was no Accessport included in the sale of the car (it was "misplaced"). HOWEVER, the previous owner's Accessport is STILL MARRIED to this car, along with whatever map/tune it was running.

As many have pointed out, Cobb has removed the OTS maps for anything over stage 1+.

My ask: Does anyone have a downloaded/backed up copy of the Cobb OTS stage 2, or 2+ map they would be willing to share (along with any map notes)? OR, does anyone know if I can load the 2018 stage 2+ map without issue?

I don't know if the previous owner was running an OTS stage 2+ prior to Cobb pulling them off their website, or if the car was protuned. I have no way of finding out. I DO plan to get a protune, but only after I swap out a couple parts. I have a replacement Accessport in hand ready to marry, but I don't want to overwrite whatever tune/map the car is running if I won't be able to put it back on the car.

Thanks!
did you ever get a stage 2 map? I am needing one and can’t find any. I don’t want to run my downpipe with just a stage 1+ map

·
Registered
2020 WRX STI, Magnetite grey,
386 Posts
did you ever get a stage 2 map? I am needing one and can’t find any. I don’t want to run my downpipe with just a stage 1+ map
You need a Protune. YamahaSHO can help you with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need a Protune. YamahaSHO can help you with that.
forgot to mention I am getting pro tuned, I’m just installing the parts myself but I can’t find any ots maps or anything and don’t particularly wanna blow my engine. I’d only be driving it roughly 15 miles total and I’ll be trying to stay out of boost as much as possible

·
Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
757 Posts
forgot to mention I am getting pro tuned, I’m just installing the parts myself but I can’t find any ots maps or anything and don’t particularly wanna blow my engine. I’d only be driving it roughly 15 miles total and I’ll be trying to stay out of boost as much as possible
If you're getting a pro tune done, reach out to your tuner and ask them for a base map.
I wouldn't just cruise around the way it is.
It may be okay, but it might not be.
With the base map that's where the car might run rich and might not allow for much boost, but the idea is for it to be safe until the tuner can get their hands on the car.

I installed injectors, ebcs, fp, fpr, inlet, headers, dp, etc. etc. and injectors alone the car wouldn't run right, but I needed to get the car to the tuner so they provided me with a base map so the car could be driven civil until they had a chance to strap the car down and get it optimized.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts