IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of getting the k&n typhoon or the cobb short ram. which is better. the reason i ask is because i will also purchase the cobb access port stage 2 at a later time.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was it loud cuz i love looud. is the bpv louder than the silencer delete? and can u hear the turbo spool up better

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
disturbed1 said:
was it loud cuz i love looud. is the bpv louder than the silencer delete? and can u hear the turbo spool up better
It's like night and day ;)
I remember the first time I drove it after putting the Typhoon on I was literally cracking up at how much louder everything became.

·
Registered
264 Posts
wow...that is loud!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Video doesn't do it justice, IMO.

You don't really hear any of the sucking sounds which are very loud in real life.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^damn you got me sold on it. well i made up my mind. thanx guys for the speedy response the video helped out alot.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
imo, the typhoon is much better then the cobb. its built better, and it comes with an air box, which really does cut down on intake temperatures. there is sooooo little difference between short ram and colt air intake temperatures. thats why i didnt waste my money on a cold air. im more then pleased with the k&n. that video is no where close to how it is in real life. cobb says you shouldnt use any intake but theirs for the ap, but they would say something like that. they just want you to buy more from them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had both and hands downt he cobb is a better choice. It emulates the airflow that of the stock intake which is recommended if you are going to have your car tuned.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I would get the cobb because they test there intake with stage 2 map it made for iam they are a great company that only work on subaru cars and would not make something that would mess up your car,iam running there intake on stage 2 and it feels great.but everyone diffrent.my .2

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm using Cobb intake as well with my stage 2 with no problems whatsoever. As mentioned before, it diverts the flow of air just like a stock setup which is benefitial for the MAF readings. Its quality is just as equal with Typhoon, noise is probably the same. One good benefit the Typhoon has is the heatshield, which is no problem if you're handy where you can make your own or you can get the SPT heatshield (Which I may just do if I don't get a FMIC)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts