IW STi Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
How many miles without reflash/reset have you put on now and still no CEL? Any idea which tables/scalings were adjusted? I’d like to try it out in my Accesstuner to see if I can make the CEL disappear.
hundreds. Im not sure which o2 scaling was modified but im sure someone could chime in. I wish I had access tuner so I could learn how to tune

· Registered
26 Posts
I am unsure what affect that would have, you would need to try to find some documentation. There should be some documentation in accesstuner or probably find on some forums about it. If its going to throw a code, you can hook up a scan tool and see pending codes. Mine was going off with the old tuner after green speed in 15-30 miles. Scanner I hooked up showed pending codes until some changes were made.

· Registered
8 Posts
2021 and Jaz Tuning. Botti also tuned it first as well and it was fine with no code after scaling
Awesome thanks for that. Just saw the new grim speed V2 GESI DP. I’m thinking this one maybe the way to go as the cat is very close to the turbo similar to stock. GrimmSpeed V2 Gesi Catted Divorced Downpipe 2008-2014 WRX / 2008-2015 STI / 2005-2009 Legacy GT MT

It says it fits up until the 2015 model year but I know a VA chassis is a VA chassis at the end of the day.

· Registered
26 Posts
I wouldn't trust it. You need to make sure someone has done that DP with greenspeed. Cobb meets the regulations but not with OTS tunes. So, you need to research. Why wouldn't you go with the Cobb that is known to work?

· Registered
2,142 Posts
I wouldn't trust it. You need to make sure someone has done that DP with greenspeed. Cobb meets the regulations but not with OTS tunes. So, you need to research. Why wouldn't you go with the Cobb that is known to work?
It’s the gesi cat that would need to meet regulations. And since the grimspeed is also a gesi it shouldn’t be an issue.

that said. Cobb’s db is a much nicer design. I’d go that route

· Registered
8 Posts
Because I have tried it and it didn’t work. It did back when you
I agree to an extent. A GESI Cat is a GESI cat. I’m more so wondering if the placement of the cat relitive to the oxygen sensor would have any effect on triggering the code.

· Registered
2019 STI
7 Posts
@molly

That was my theory too, since I'm waiting to see what people come up with before I get a DP.

The cat on the GS DP seems to mimic more of the OEM DP where the cat is like you said, my hope is that because of this, it will act more like OEM and heat up faster.

· Registered
8 Posts
@molly

That was my theory too, since I'm waiting to see what people come up with before I get a DP.

The cat on the GS DP seems to mimic more of the OEM DP where the cat is like you said, my hope is that because of this, it will act more like OEM and heat up faster.
Right. I’m sure someone with a 19+ will buy one soon enough, so we can see the results. I was thinking same thing. If the cat is that close to the turbo it’s gonna heat up really quick, which might be the ticket.

· Registered
SWP 2012 GR Hatch
972 Posts
@molly

I don't recall why but I remember reading that an up-stream CAT wasn't ideal, being so close to the turbo.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts