IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what is the size of the allen wrench required to unscrew the plug?

is it normal that the plug is really , i mean really hard to unscrew? feels like it seized.:confused:

i must have 6000miles on the DP.

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,796 Posts
Ok...JDMmuscle you must be confused...

The Cobb DP has a THREADED bung which you can use for a wideband O2 sensor. There is no need to get a shop to do anything; you can just take out the bung plug and thread in a wideband. Easy.

I can't remember what size, but it was like the biggest hex head wrench my friend had...and I want to say it was imperial units.

I dunno why but 7/16"s comes to mind. Don't quote me on that though.

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,796 Posts
Try what lackskill suggested...drive around for a bit, and when the pipe is hot, see if you can break it free.

I'd suggest to use a hex bit socket, an extension, and a flex handle (basically accepts a socket like a ratchet, but there's no ratcheting mechanism so it's stronger and less likely to break...useful to break things free - I called it a breaker bar sometimes) so that you can get some good leverage on it and break it free...definitely work better than trying to free it with an allen wrench.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.