Registered
2,678 Posts
sweet vid :tup:

·
Super Moderator
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!
I`m wondering if I should just post the full video I made of the whole car. The camera shots didn`t come out as well as I wanted them too, but maybe i`ll post it anyways later.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sounds awesome!

So if you are going catless how you gonna pass smog? Also, do you think you are still within legal noise limits?

I have been thinking about COBB stage 2 but am a bit concerned with noise levels and passing smog. Anyone know if COBB catted TBE will pass smog check? Also, is it withing legal sound limits or not?

I really do not want to have to remove their exhaust just to pass smog. I wonder if running different maps would help one pass smog. Say a stock or valley map to lower emissions. They should really come up with a safe map just for smogging.

·
Super Moderator
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
JJ18Sniper said:
nice video. How is the droning when you just cruise?
There is virtually no droning on the freeway. I drive back and forth from Bakersfield to Irvine (2hr drive) and the exhaust isn`t annoying at all. It's noticeable, but not to the point where it bothers me. I couldn`t stand being in a car with drone for extended periods of time. I honestly think this is they way the car should of came sounding stock. A mean car like the STi needs a nice growl to go with it!

bing said:
love that sound! nice vid man
Thanks!

DCsti said:
Great video...I'm feeling the "Mr. Me too" intro. Car sounds great!
Haha, the beat on the song is sick.

gt500 said:
thats what im getting...sounds exactly as the cattd one..
Congrats! You`ll love it, although I think the catless may be a little bit louder.

0bluesti4 said:
Sounds awesome!

So if you are going catless how you gonna pass smog? Also, do you think you are still within legal noise limits?

I have been thinking about COBB stage 2 but am a bit concerned with noise levels and passing smog. Anyone know if COBB catted TBE will pass smog check? Also, is it withing legal sound limits or not?

I really do not want to have to remove their exhaust just to pass smog. I wonder if running different maps would help one pass smog. Say a stock or valley map to lower emissions. They should really come up with a safe map just for smogging.
Thanks, well IrvinePD is notorious for pulling people over for aftermarket exhaust and I haven`t had 1 problem yet. I`ve even had like 2 cop cars behind me while I was driving. As far as smog, I don`t have to worry about that for a couple years, but if I still just have exhaust by then it's a relatively easy install and I kept my stock DP and CBE.
As far as smogging goes there is no gaurantee that you`ll pass with the COBB (or any aftermarket exhaust), even with cats, but I`m wondering if you bought the catted and got a tune, you might be able to pass? You could probably find some shop that will just pass you for a little extra cash, lol.

STiSubyMan said:
I like this video
It was very well made! :tup:
Thanks!

soDo said:
Here's a Short clip of my COBB TBE - we were at a meet and my friend drove it because I wanted to hear my car blow by. FLAME AWAY :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Qymiiehus
Sounds great! ::naughty::

·
Registered
315 Posts
GZA said:
Thanks, well IrvinePD is notorious for pulling people over for aftermarket exhaust and I haven`t had 1 problem yet. I`ve even had like 2 cop cars behind me while I was driving. As far as smog, I don`t have to worry about that for a couple years, but if I still just have exhaust by then it's a relatively easy install and I kept my stock DP and CBE.
As far as smogging goes there is no gaurantee that you`ll pass with the COBB (or any aftermarket exhaust), even with cats, but I`m wondering if you bought the catted and got a tune, you might be able to pass? You could probably find some shop that will just pass you for a little extra cash, lol.

It's good to hear that cops are not giving you any trouble. Any idea how soon our cars need to be smogged? I have an 04. Yeah, I'm wondering just how good that "state-of-the-art" cat on the COBB TBE is; I might have to contact COBB and pop that question. Also, how many cats do our cars have from the factory? I am assuming if I got COBB catted TBE I would end up with only one cat, but not sure how many I have now. My guess is that running stage 2 base map does not help with emissions any, but I am wondering if say switching to economy or vallet real time map temporarily just for the sake of passing a smog test would help improve emissions. BTW, what map are you using here in Cali? Did you have any issues with the local gas? I am assuming you are running 91 stage 2 but did you have to get one of those LWG maps?

Thanks for all the great info!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.