IW STi Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do i need to have a full tbe or can i have catback with downpipe deff brands or do they have to be the same. and can i run a k&n typhoon with the cobb ap

·
resigned
5,609 Posts
dude, catback w/ downpipe is full tbe... they do not HAVE to be the same brands as long as they bolt together... cobb's forum is probably a good bet for most of your questions.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
and IWSTI, but they have a lot of what you are looking for

·
Registered
106 Posts
i'n running a turboxs dp and hks carbon ti catback. cobb recommends only their short ram or stock intake.

·
Registered
106 Posts
scubadiver424 said:
yeah stock airbox is good to 400 hp
it is, but i'ld like to see you pull 400 whp with a stock intercooler. you can't fit a front mount with a stock intake and you can't make that power with a stock top mount or an upgraded top mount.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I never ever said you could come even close to that with the stock or top mount intercooler, I said the stock airbox is good to 400 HP, 400 whp is just a tad different. The stock airbox being good to 400 hp is basically encouraging you to spend your money elsewhere on the mod path

·
Registered
106 Posts
sorry about that. didn't mean to attack you. i was just giving my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Actually, with a larger top mount, turbo, and alky, you could make pretty damn close...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Snead said:
do i need to have a full tbe or can i have catback with downpipe deff brands or do they have to be the same. and can i run a k&n typhoon with the cobb ap
I bought my car used so it has some parts on it already, but if I were you I'd put the accessport on before everything.

·
Registered
76 Posts
DC9 said:
it is, but i'ld like to see you pull 400 whp with a stock intercooler. you can't fit a front mount with a stock intake and you can't make that power with a stock top mount or an upgraded top mount.
its the catch 22 of the STi
a paradox for the ages

1 - 15 of 15 Posts