IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering as i know ive seen a few but was just curious how many of you out there are running a gt30r with the cobb ap? i was told by my tuner that the cobb ap would be out of its league with the gt30r. just trying to figure out if thats the case as id rather not go stand alone again. my mazda is stand alone e6k equipped and it is a PITA.

this is the kit i will be purchasing when money becomes available.

http://kingpinperformance1.chainreactionweb.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1431

and yes i will be buying the rest of the supporting mods that arent included. just wondering bout the whole cobb ap and gt30r limiting its ability talk ive been told.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I've heard of a couple cars on here now that run the 30R and AP without problems, actually i think oce420 is running that.. i run ecutek, oce420 runs AP, we were both tuned by the same tuner on the same dyno, and i put down 1whp more than he did and like 20wtq more.. So in this case it was pretty even..

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man and any and all experiences are welcomed. hopefully ill have all the parts within the next year or two. then its install time lol.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
your tuner is an ass-hat!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I tuned my GT35R setup with the AP / StreetTuner. No problems other than massive torque/hp :D

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I run the AP as well as the UTEK.

the AP runs all my low stuff like idle, then the UTEK runs open loop, map based tune, water injection, flat foot shifting, and launch control.

if the tuner told you he cant handle the AP i would get a new tuner

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well you guys have helped me make my decision. i guess it wasnt the tuner persay but the guy at the counter. i will talk to the tuner himself in the next few days and explain to him i want two maps. 93 oct conservative and 93 aggressive off of the cobb ap.

thanks guys. i appreciate your help. just needed some clarification on things. cant wait for the gt30r now.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
true. ill probly go with the 100 oct map along with the 93 oct.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its alright im sure ill be talking to all you guys when the time comes. hopefully i can join the ranks of the big dogs and have some gt30r fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts