IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use it? My buddie used it a couple times and used to hit fuel cut in the 4th and 5th gears. I heard it has something to do with being below sea level like I am here in South Florida. Is this really bad for our cars? Also Cobb states to use only Sunoco 100 octane, but the Sunoco that sells 100 near me here has a bad rep for having bad gas. Their 100 oct is more like 98-99. There is another gas station near me selling 100 octane and has a good rep. Any suguestions? I just downloaded the 100 oct map, and want to give it a try.

·
Registered
228 Posts
DigMaster-STi said:
Anyone ever use it? My buddie used it a couple times and used to hit fuel cut in the 4th and 5th gears. I heard it has something to do with being below sea level like I am here in South Florida. Is this really bad for our cars? Also Cobb states to use only Sunoco 100 octane, but the Sunoco that sells 100 near me here has a bad rep for having bad gas. Their 100 oct is more like 98-99. There is another gas station near me selling 100 octane and has a good rep. Any suguestions? I just downloaded the 100 oct map, and want to give it a try.
This is just me and I may be WAY off base, but I would never run a 100 octane OTS map. I'd save that for my protune.

·
Registered
228 Posts
STi489 said:
it is set at stock boost....it's not the 100 octane map we all want!! it's worthless
That's what I was thinking. It will either be so conservative that it would be pointless or somewhere on the other end of the spectrum. There is now way they could deliver a generic map that would actually work well for everyone.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cobb states that it was created off a base Stg 2 map, only this map as a more aggresive timing curve and a more leaner fuel curve. So it's not based of stock boost settings it is based off Stg 2 boost settings. I would think SOME power would be made from it, maybe 10-15 wheel and 20 or so torque. It would be worth spending $10-$15 on 100 oct for a night at the track. I am more of a drag/street racer then AutoX, so this is why I'm curious about the map.

·
Registered
446 Posts
DigMaster-STi said:
Cobb states that it was created off a base Stg 2 map, only this map as a more aggresive timing curve and a more leaner fuel curve. So it's not based of stock boost settings it is based off Stg 2 boost settings. I would think SOME power would be made from it, maybe 10-15 wheel and 20 or so torque. It would be worth spending $10-$15 on 100 oct for a night at the track. I am more of a drag/street racer then AutoX, so this is why I'm curious about the map.
+1, that is what I was thinking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts