IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Sti, I bought it used and I am getting a synchro replaced in my transmission. Warranty is covering it, but I was thinking since warranty is covering the labor of taking my tranny out, that I would replace my clutch too. The Subaru dealership wants 1,050$ to replace the clutch and that does not include the labor of taking my transmission in and out of the vehicle. I wanted to upgrade to a stage 2 clutch...
Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You could always ask them, if you bring in the clutch parts if they would install it for a additional labor since the trans will be out. Of couse they will not offer any kind of warranty of customer supplied aftermarket parts.

Also when it comes clutch's, they are rated for torque. You need to figure out what your goals are for the car so you can pick the right clutch for your set up.

ACT and South bend clutches are very popular on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I was looking into those clutches. But I was curious if that’s a good deal, I don’t have to pay for the labor of taking the tranny out and putting it back in. I just have to pay for the clutch and whatever labor is for that. They would be replacing my throw out bearing, pressure plate, flywheel, etc. even though my original clutch is still good, I can get it all put in cheaper then paying for all of the labor. Would that be smart to do or just leave it alone....

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Ya I was looking into those clutches. But I was curious if that’s a good deal, I don’t have to pay for the labor of taking the tranny out and putting it back in. I just have to pay for the clutch and whatever labor is for that. They would be replacing my throw out bearing, pressure plate, flywheel, etc. even though my original clutch is still good, I can get it all put in cheaper then paying for all of the labor. Would that be smart to do or just leave it alone....
Im mean yeah i would take advantage of the situation and do it while your there, especially if the current clutch has alot of miles on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts