IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

When I push in my clutch I get a sqeak like a mouse or a chain link on a kids swing set. Very light But it happens consistently now. Only 1300 miles on the beast. Anyone? It is starting to get colder here, I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have the same thing! i just started noticing it. recently, and its getting colder here as well. mine has 3300 miles though, so you got it early.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know if I got it early, Ive only had it for 3 weeks or so and it is starting to get cold already. I dont think mileage has anything to do with it. Is this your first winter with the STi? I am in VA, where are you? Curious... :-?

·
Registered
399 Posts
yes bernao, i do, why?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine was doing the same. I disconnected most of the linkage till I found the source. It is the pivot point attached to the floor board. Just spraw it with silicone and see if it goes away. If so, then put some lithium grease on it. I would post some pics but I don't have a server to host the pics.

Rich

·
Registered
7 Posts
STIml8n said:
yes bernao, i do, why?
Sometimes I find the rubber floormat sliding up towards the pedals. It'll eventually end up below the clutch and will result in a squeaking noise when depressing/releasing the clutch. If that's not what you're seeing/hearing, then maybe Smokum's grease will solve the problem.

·
Registered
399 Posts
bernao, you are right. i noticed that it only made the noise when my mat was up, after you mentioned if I had the rubber mats. thanks for the help. i wish i could figure out how to get it to stay still without using vecro or anything like that, i don't want to ruin the carpet, and i don't want to make a whole to put a new retainer clip in the carpet. ay ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts