IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I flushed the brake lines at 2.5 years, 25k miles on a ‘19 a couple weeks back. Went with ATE200 as the closest choice to my old standby of super blue (god I miss the color change system). I didn’t think the clutch flush was quite necessary yet so I left it this time around.

A few drives later I start getting a squeak letting the clutch out at the top (slowly). I had the firewall issues on a previous car and can say this is definitely different. There’s a slight feeling of drag, and it sounds like a window squeegee, both from the footwell and engine bay. I believe it took some time, but the new stuff in the reservoir seems to have cycled down to the master cylinder.

From some other forums people have had similar issues with super blue (blaming the due) and sometimes the plain ate200 too, sometimes getting it to go away with a flush, sometimes with a rebuild, sometimes on its own. Not sure if it’s less lubricity in the 200, or if it dislodges old gunk that uses to lube the seals.

I know the shared reservoir thing isn’t all that new anymore (since 15?), anyone else run into this? Either going to try a little lube in the rod leading to the master cylinder from the pedal well, or a stupid flush again with something different. Ironically I was doing this a little early mileage wise so I wouldn’t have to when a new baby came... but it backfired and now my damn clutch squeaks and I’m slowly being killed by insomnia.

Also if anyone has done a flush on the 2015 plus years and not ended up with a squeak please let me know what you used... car won’t see track time but hopefully some autocross soon.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am waiting for a SS clutch hydraulic line to do both the brakes and clutch simultaneously. I’ll follow along with this thread. Good luck getting rid of the squeak.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally had a chance to flush everything today, damn thing still squeaks. Went with pentosin super dot 4 as it seemed to be mentioned the most in what people flushed after ate in other forums to get rid of the squeak, really hoping it’ll go away after some drives. Got a giant jug on Amazon, flushed veeery thoroughly. May just try emptying and filling the reservoir a few times periodically if it doesn’t go away.

So... if you have a newer sti with the shared reservoir, can’t really explain it but I would not use ate. Also the clutch bleeder takes an 8mm wrench, kind of an awkward one to get to. The one positive thing... this was the first time I put the intercooler back on with a little silicon lube on the hoses, holy crap what a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts