IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to make my clutch start engaging right off the floor or real close to it? I dont like how its almost all the way out before it engages.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Re: Possible STi Convert?

You could possibly do some kind of custom modification and replace the clutch master and/or slave cylinders (a different ratio of the sizes of the two cylinders would result in different ammounts of displacement when pushing the clutch).... And there is probably some way to adjust the setup you have now.

Off the top of my head I would say less hydraulic fluid in the clutch system would cause the clutch to be released less when the pedal is fully depressed (which would yield what you're talking about, but would have to be very carefully adjusted....), but I'm no expert.

Call a mechanic, or start researching clutch hydraulic systems.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Off the top of my head I would say less hydraulic fluid in the clutch system would cause the clutch to be released less when the pedal is fully depressed (which would yield what you're talking about, but would have to be very carefully adjusted....), but I'm no expert.
you might want to think about what you said and retract it. do your brakes work differently when the fluid is lower than full. (yes you will have no brakes if the fluid is empty.)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
AFAIK, the clutch cylinders are locked together in a closed hydraulic system. Less fluid means less total volume between the system......

But I'm no expert, it's just a guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts