IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Clou's PBP STI

Appreciate the compliments!

Fog lights installed a couple days ago, AEM CAI waiting to be put in, Tanabe DF210s on the way, and will be ordering a Nameless Performance axleback very soon :D

I think I've decided against going stage 2 and will just be doing a stage 1 pro tune this summer. Still need to get HIDs, r205 badges, sways, and a couple overlays from bluebat, but those will have to wait until my bank account can replenish :p

·
Registered
15 Posts

Real nice ride man!:tup: How do you like the Alpine W900? I was looking into getting it also.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Real nice ride man!:tup: How do you like the Alpine W900? I was looking into getting it also.
It's awesome. Doesn't have a lot of the features the new Pioneers or Kenwoods have, but it's got a really good touch screen, easy to use UI, and the built in Nav system is better than the one in my old mercedes.

Here's a crappy iphone pic of my nameless exhaust

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

Still hard to capture the awesomeness of that color with a camera. On a bright, sunny day, you can really see the metallic purple come out and it just seems like a camera just doesn't want to show it.

Didn't see any review of the Kartboy SS, how do you like it? If I don't dive into performance mods first, I'll definitely be getting a SS. Did it lower the shift knob any or is it adjustable? I forgot what the specs of it are. I seem to grind a gear every now and then which really frustrates me, can't tell if that's just because the shifter is a little loose or I'm just shifting kinda sloppy, probably the latter of the two.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

It's still probably my favourite mod. The stock shifter feels a lot sloppier in comparison and I can see how you'd grind gears if you felt lazy. It's not adjustable and it does lower the shift knob by about an inch. I'm probably going to change my shift knob out soon for one that sits lower. If I went back and did it though, I'd skip the rear bushing. The tranny whine is getting annoying and the difference isn't THAT noticeable to justify it for me.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

You honestly might not even "need" the front. I drove around for about a week without any bushings before I decided to put them on and it was still a nice improvement over stock. It doesn't really hurt to install the front bushings because 1) it's cheap and 2) there isn't much NVH. The rear bushing got really annoying and I "solved" that problem with an exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

Heh yea I planned on having an exhaust so I'll probably do them both for the hell of it. Thanks for heads up.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

Just picked up my RCE Yellows from Dales Alignment and secured my set of GTWORX/Bilstein cup shocks. Looks like GTWORX is aiming for a July release. There will be 2 sets of damper options, a stiffer option for track oriented cars and a softer option for DD.

I also have Perrin 22mm f/r sway bars, Whiteline rear diff inserts, and a BT Aero carbon fiber trunk trim piece coming in next week and some more overlays from Bat should also be on the way.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

I'd like to get some sway bars, I know they are definitely noticeable, once I swapped out my rear sway on my Accord, it was a worlds difference, everything felt so tighter.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)

Little update...

Blacktop Aero CF trunk trim cover and Blue Bat reverse tint overlays. The trunk trim arrived with a small crack at the top so they gave me a full refund. If it cracks more during the winter I'll likely order another one.

Installed Perrin 22mm sway bars in the front and rear and currently have them on the stiffest setting. I'll probably play around with the settings some more once I've installed my RCE Yellows. Definitely one of the best mods I've done yet!

Now I just need some wider wheels and a pro tune and I'll be done for a while :).

Short sound clip from today, crappy quality.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

Nice, did you get anything else with the swaybars, like the collars or whatever? I think smitty replaced somethings when he installed his whitelines, not sure if it was really necessary or not. And where did you get the trim cover?

At first I thought you were going to say you were in an accident or something heh, your bumper looks like it's been swiped by another car, I guess it's the glare.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

It's the reflection from the suds left on my driveway after the wash haha.

A lot of people also get aftermarket endlinks to go with the sway bars, reason being is that the stock endlinks aren't as durable for a stiffer sway bar and snap when people track/auto x them. I don't really have any plans to track my car soon, so I stayed with the stock endlinks. I will probably get KB ones later down the road though.

The trim cover is from Blacktop Aero. You can buy directly off their site, $99 shipped.

41 - 60 of 237 Posts