IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have cliff designs speakers? I'm thinking about buying the QX6500C but it says the mounting depth is 3", do you think I could make it fit?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just put in CDT ES620 components (2.75" depth) and had to use every trick in the book to get them to clear the window (used both spacers from iaperformance.com, 4 washers, cut/sanded down the plastic on the door panel, and grinded down the screw on the window) After that I still had issues cause my terminals were grounding out on the door frame... some electrical tape fixed that.

You might be able to make some bigger spacers with some 3/4" MDF, but then ur speaker will start hitting the door pannel...

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rmarceau said:
I just put in CDT ES620 components (2.75" depth) and had to use every trick in the book to get them to clear the window (used both spacers from iaperformance.com, 4 washers, cut/sanded down the plastic on the door panel, and grinded down the screw on the window) After that I still had issues cause my terminals were grounding out on the door frame... some electrical tape fixed that.

You might be able to make some bigger spacers with some 3/4" MDF, but then ur speaker will start hitting the door pannel...
Hmm...well I've discovered these are 2.75", not 3". I bought the iaperformance spacers and was hoping those would be enough. I guess I'll have to try some of the things you mentioned, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts