IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently heard a clicking, cracking sound to the left of my STI 2015 MY2016. You only hear it when you drive through dimples or over thresholds.
When your window is closed you hear it much louder and it seems to come from under the dashboard, as if a cable is hanging loose and tapping something.
It cannot be the endlinks, they have been replaced by Kartboy endlinks today. Anyone have experience with something similar?

Thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
lol tru dat! one of my friends put it perfectly for all current cars...rattle traps...I would go wiggling everything you can touch and see whats rattling...theres a lot in that area!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I know that’s why I asking. First it was once in a while now it’s all the time hitting bumps, and dimples and also a lot louder.

Lifting the car or jacking it up doesn’t seem to activate the noise. We really think it’s from the inside.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Have you tried putting a hand/finger on the speaker grills on top of the dash.

There is actually a TSB out for them making noise.

I had mine done...they got better but the noise was still there.

Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had it out yesterday didn’t see anything strange. I’ll pop it out and will have a test drive to find out if that’s the case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I popped the speaker cover front driver side. I heard less noise but still some clicking sound. I saw there was already some (two pieces) velcro

I almost took off the a-pillar but stopped when I saw the airbag module. Holding down the a-pillar doesn’t do a thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts