IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I performed a search for this but could not turn up anything. what do you guys use to clean the inside of your car. Primarily dash, kick panels etc... I am not going to use armor all so just wanted to know what you guys use??

Sorry for the dumb question but just had to know.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I use a rag dampened with a weak dish detergent solution. Or, if I've just cleaned the windows, I use a rag damp with window cleaner.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Every once in a while it's nice to do a full cleaning. For christmas I did this for both my parents and my sister's cars.

Unbolted the front seats and took them completely out of the car, and removed the back seat (it just pops out on most cars.) Completely vacuumed the interior and shampooed all the carpets (I used woolite foam, but you can use a carpet steamer like a bissel or something like that.) and I sprayed off their floormats with our pressure washer and hung them to dry (this works with even carpeted floormats, as they are rubber-bottomed. I wouldn't recommend it with something like the embriodered STi mats though.) For the interior panels, I simply used a clean wet rag. You can wipe away most of the types of things that form on a car's interior (non-carpeted) panels with just water, but you could add some kind of protectant like a UV blocker if you so desired. I even unbolted the center consoles and removed the covers for the gear-shift and e-brake, and took off the plastic trim and cleaned between where the covers were attached.

Then just reinstall everything back in its original position and make sure you tighten down the bolts for the seats well (those seats have to hold up if you get in an accident...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts