IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
>>>>>> Circuit Motorsports Billet Clutch Master Cylinder Brace - 2008-2014 WRX & STI

Circuit Motorsports Clutch Master cylinder Brace - Extended - YouTube

Alright guys and girls, we are here to introduce Circuit Motorsports' newest product, our Billet Clutch Master Cylinder Brace (CMCB)!

Before we get into the details let's take a look at why we made this product.

The Problem: Since 2008 Subaru changed the way they mounted the pedal assembly to the chassis/firewall from previous years. The entire pedal assembly was mounted using a few small spot welds to the upper portion of the firewall. Subaru firewalls have not been known to be very strong, which is why the Brake Master cylinder braces have been such a great mod on previous and current models. The issue is that when you press down on the pedals, especially the clutch pedal, the firewall flexes. When it flexes it puts a lot of stress on those spot welds, which over time will break. Once they break, they cause a lot of movement and noise.

This sucks because not only are you getting a squishy and vague clutch pedal, but you get a really annoying squeak, every time you press the clutch pedal. Every time. Once you notice it, it's one of those super annoying noises you just can't get away from.

The Solution: We created a Billet CMCB that connects at the pitchstop mounting point on the firewall, and the clutch master cylinder mounting studs. We also added a 4th point of contact with an adjustable Delrin cup, to keep pressure on the brace and provide extra stability. This brace dramatically increases the stiffness of that area, greatly reducing the firewall flex when the clutch pedal is depressed.

In our testing we have noticed improved pedal feel and clutch engagement with this brace installed. We also tested this on a car that already had the dreaded "squeak", and it all but eliminated the noise once in place (see our video).
We measured the vertical movement of the clutch master cylinder at 1.2mm without the brace, and this was reduced to only .6mm with our brace installed.Horizontal movement without the brace was measured at .8mm, and that was reduced to just .2mm with our brace isntalled.

The Product: We start with a solid block of T6 6061 aluminum and have it CNC machined to our specs. We designed our brace to be extra beefy to provide maximum rigidity while also being lightweight. We then use a mil-spec type-3 hard anodize to coat the brace, this prevents corrosion and also has the benefit of hardening the surface as well. We provide new mounting hardware with the brace, all Grade 8/Metric 10.9.

These braces are also designed and manufactured here in the U.S.A. They are super high quality and a lot of time and care was put into designing, manufacturing and testing these braces before we decided to bring these to market.

So who is this good for? Well, any 2008-2014 WRX or STI owner would benefit from this. If you already have the dreaded clutch pedal squeak this brace can reduce or even eliminate that noise and extra pedal slop. If your car doesn't yet squeak, you can use this brace to prevent those welds from being stressed and potentially breaking.

This also works great for those of you who have upgraded your clutch and put more force into the pedal system. Adding in the extra rigidity of this brace agaisnt the firewall will benefit in better pedal feel, and clutch engagement.

These braces will fit the 2008-2014 WRX as well as the 2008-2014 STI.

Real Life Feedback: We sent out a brace to be independently tested by another well known shop, they post on IWSTI quite often and are very respected here. They isntalled it on a customers' car and let the customer use it for a few weeks. This was their customers' review after that time:

"After the clutch brace was installed I noticed an immediate difference in the feel of the clutch. Under normal driving the clutch play feels smoother and more sturdy. Under spirited driving the clutch feels like it’s attached to a brick wall and has no give in the firewall.

After driving the car for several thousand miles I have become accustomed to the clutch. It feels like a solid unit that should been a stock part included from production."

Pics of brace installed on customers' WRX (this is an un-coated Pre-production brace, so it looks a bit dull):

Price: These braces will be sold for $179.99 - That includes the billet brace, new mounting hardware, and the Anodizing.

BUT - For this Group Buy this is how we will break it down:

We really need to do a run of 100 of these to make the costs work out, and we want to give our NASIOC friends a chance to get this brace for less than normal. CNC machining a billet brace isn't cheap, but the results are worth it!

Once we have our set number of buyers we will lock in the price and the GB will end. Braces will be delivered a short time after. You will be able to pick your color! This will run until December 31st, so if you get that Santa money you know where to spend it!

So let's get this going!

UPDATE 12-16-14: We need to know what color everyone is going with, if your color isn't listed on the list below please contact us! Color choices are black, grey, or JDM Green.

1. WRXbluJ- Grey- PAID DEPOSIT
2. xkadajx- PAID DEPOSIT
3. TheMileHighWRX- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
4. teggymami
5. mkvaron- PAID DEPOSIT
6. TWlSFM- PAID DEPOSIT
7. WhatsASubie- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
8. 424wrx- PAID DEPOSIT
9. lookylookitzadam- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
10. jfarcticman98- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
11. Markus_with_A_k- PAID DEPOSIT
12. amishwrx12- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
13. wiretap_MD- PAID DEPOSIT
14. freddy121389- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
15. kuudogg- PAID DEPOSIT
16. The_Guff- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
17. Bodisat
18. az ru- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
19. Stretch18- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
20. XERO287- PAID DEPOSIT
21. chongl- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
22. cobhcshredder91
23. JDHolliday27- Grey- PAID DEPOSIT
24. JuanWins
25. Dreff666- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
26. NowDatsG- Green- PAID DEPOSIT
27. PD5015- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
28. M0chi- PAID DEPOSIT
29. marshallwrx1
30. NexRex-Green- PAID DEPOSIT
31. Whitey_WRX- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
32. james_f- PAID DEPOSIT
33. Built2Drive-Black- PAID DEPOSIT
34. kaczmarz- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
35. SAC STI- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
36. 2bfi- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
37. crzyasian- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
38. xabre1200- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
39. Ftinney84- PAID DEPOSIT
40. atf78- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
41. j0edo
42. n8byte- Green- PAID DEPOSIT
43. SWPWRX- PAID DEPOSIT
44. ketchupdtf- PAID DEPOSIT
45. 99pgpgt- PAID DEPOSIT
46. Shinji Hirako
47. bicycle_wreck- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
48. UnforgivenWRX- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
49. cenix- black- PAID DEPOSIT
50. IBLinKYI- black- PAID DEPOSIT
51. HiYoSilver- black
52. MrP206
53. xxllplayallxx
54. sketcheroo- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
55. bassler- black- PAID DEPOSIT
56. HuckFinn- black- PAID DEPOSIT
57. ThimWRX- black- PAID DEPOSIT
58. 05_BlueLGT- black- PAID DEPOSIT
59. topherrwrx- black- PAID DEPOSIT
60. einsteigen- Green- PAID DEPOSIT
61. blkstar15- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
62. whatsanevo- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
63. jaboyd- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
64. Michael M.- Green - PAID DEPOSIT
65. 12_VA_REX- PAID DEPOSIT
66. jcwrx- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
67. matt890- Green- PAID DEPOSIT
68. subyski- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
69. SergioC- Green- PAID DEPOSIT
70. OEMPlusPlus
71. 9vapors- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
72. Orenda- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
73. 12WRXPBPHATCH- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
74. PalaSti- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
75. Willofalltrades- BLACK - PAID DEPOSIT
76. Mucho Maas- Green- PAID DEPOSIT
77. rok. - PAID DEPOSIT
78. guitarplayer0376 (IWSTI)- Green- PAID DEPOSIT
79. ChrisKwan (IWSTI)- CANADA-
80. awenthol (IWSTI)- PAID DEPOSIT
81. couvar- GREY- (IWSTI)- PAID DEPOSIT
82. KManZ (IWSTI)- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
83. TheFuzzyPenguin- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
84. 6raham- PAID DEPOSIT
85. RunJMC86- JDM Green- PAID DEPOSIT
86. DBR Customs - PAID DEPOSIT
87. vlara- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
88. cje-10wrx- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
89. zzyzx85- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
90. Dale2011WRX- Black - PAID DEPOSIT
91. subygirl- JDM GREEN - PAID DEPOSIT
92. 604subiefrk- JDM GREEN- PAID DEPOSIT
93. Scubywrx- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
94. RSracer280- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
95. w1wet - BLACK
96. Calbullet- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
97. Mkunkle09- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
98. SubieJon- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
99. Ballocks- PAID DEPOSIT
100. Boiler77- Grey- PAID DEPOSIT
101. Monsoon- Green - PAID DEPOSIT
102. dingobite- Green - PAID DEPOSIT
103. Spec_Ops2087- Grey-
104. SuperSuperFast- JDM Green
105. naked_dave1- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
106. Thio- Grey- PAID DEPOSIT
107. SonicCROWRX- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
108. 1wrxtra- Black - PAID DEPOSIT
109. dirtbiker59(IWSTI)
110. Neeeyo - Black- (IWSTI)- PAID DEPOSIT
111. SwiftStorm- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
112. rjp4419- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
113. chino_487- BLACK- PAID DEPOSIT
114. Jimjur- Black
115. GSXpress- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
116. makikogi- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
117. WatkinsWRX- Grey
118. Billy R. (FB)- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
119. ksgoh88- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
120. OneSlowSubie- Green- PAID DEPOSIT
121. bluerex8586- Black
122. JTL88 - Green - PAID DEPOSIT
123. domwrx- Black - PAID DEPOSIT
124. petrov- Grey- PAID DEPOSIT
125. elite53- Grey - PAID DEPOSIT
126. LLynch- Black- PAID DEPOSIT
127. 11mikey11- Green- PAID DEPOSIT
128. asia_minor - Black
129. funks - Black
130. akaG-reg - Black
131. Cheveyboy - Grey
132. STIRiot - Black
133. Ftinney84 - Black
134. jliu - Black
135. roptic - Green
136. Thiago13Sti - Green
137. big_cg - Grey
138. imintheaws- Black
139. KillerAngel - Black
140. JC2011 (IWSTI)
141. CNY_STI - BLACK- (IWSTI)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Re: >>>>>> Circuit Motorsports Billet Clutch Master Cylinder Brace - 2008-2014 WRX &

Will this work on the 2015 STI?

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: >>>>>> Circuit Motorsports Billet Clutch Master Cylinder Brace - 2008-2014 WRX &

We had a 2015 STI in the other day and we have confirmed these will not fit that model year. Haven't tried on a 2015 WRX yet!

·
Registered
414 Posts

We had a 2015 STI in the other day and we have confirmed these will not fit that model year. Haven't tried on a 2015 WRX yet!

If and when you decide to build one for the 2015 STI, get hold of me. I can help you test in real world situations!

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

If and when you decide to build one for the 2015 STI, get hold of me. I can help you test in real world situations!
We will make an announcement if we do! Thanks again for checking out the CMCB.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

Sign me up or let me know if I'm supposed to PM you...

·
Registered
151 Posts

Sign me up too please! How do I get on the list?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

I'm in. I like preventative measures, so that means that I like this.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

Ciruit Motorsports, is the pricing going to be based on the combined purchases from IWSTI and NASIOC group buys for this product? If so it looks like you're over 90 listed orders.....10 more for the +100 price break.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I'm in. I like preventative measures, so that means that I like this.
Sign me up or let me know if I'm supposed to PM you...
Sign me up too please! How do I get on the list?
We'll get you guys a message with deposit details on Monday!

Ciruit Motorsports, is the pricing going to be based on the combined purchases from IWSTI and NASIOC group buys for this product? If so it looks like you're over 90 listed orders.....10 more for the +100 price break.

Yup, Group Buy will be across both forums :)

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

PMs on the way guys! Lists will be updated on both forums shortly! Any questions let me know.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

I'm surprised their isn't more interest in this.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I'm surprised their isn't more interest in this.
Theres not a lot of interest on IWSTI but NASIOC its doing pretty well. We really don't get to many PMs on IWSTI anyways. I think people use it more as a technical forum rather than finding parts. I may be wrong though.

-Paul

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

I actually saw a post that referenced/linked to the Nasioc group buy so I actually found it via Iwsti.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

List has been updated. We are past the 100 mark with only half of the month over! If you want to secure your spot and price for the CMCB pm us today!

****UPDATE***** 12-16-14

Look at all of those beautiful Aluminum Braces!

***UPDATE***** 12-12-14

The first run of Clutch Braces have been cut and are awaiting bead blasting and anodizing!

These things look reallllly pretty. Who else loves fresh cut raw aluminum?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.